4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TwoLeftFeet
November 1, 2020, 8:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Met him a couple of times and echo what others have said seemed a really good fella.. hopefully he can get himself another club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
aldi_01
November 1, 2020, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Would be ironic if a reason for the parting of ways was because he failed to move to the area whilst the current manager hadn’t fulfilled the same (empty) promise...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
RichMariner
November 1, 2020, 9:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,159
Gold Stars: 210
I think Limbrick should be credited for the resurgence of Charles Vernam. First thing he did after Jolley got sacked was bring Vernam back from Chorley. We couldn't score for toffee but we immediately started playing better and created more chances.

By the time Ollie took charge v Salford on NYD our team was more cohesive and Vernam had scored at Macc to end our goal drought.

Obviously, what Ollie achieved from then on should be credited to him, but in my mind Limbrick did a lot of the initial repair work in what must have been a horrible working environment. Jolley's departure was mysterious for too long and AL held things together well — even if the results don't show it.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
Northbank Mariner
November 2, 2020, 6:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from aldi_01
Would be ironic if a reason for the parting of ways was because he failed to move to the area whilst the current manager hadn’t fulfilled the same (empty) promise...

Think that's harsh, not like you though is it, Holloway is now living in the area,....
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 2, 2020, 7:27am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Think that's harsh, not like you though is it, Holloway is now living in the area,....

Yes he is currently renting again, but last week my friends friend was showing Ollie and his wife around some houses for sale in Grimsby.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 2, 2020, 7:38am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from aldi_01

When Ollie joined Town, he was living in the area with his wife within weeks

Limbrick had 2.5 years to do it, but chose not to, choosing to commute and then crying himself to sleep when asked to take a temporary pay cut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
KingstonMariner
November 3, 2020, 12:48am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

When Ollie joined Town, he was living in the area with his wife within weeks

Limbrick had 2.5 years to do it, but chose not to, choosing to commute and then crying himself to sleep when asked to take a temporary pay cut.

That’s unfair WBJ. You don’t know what Limbrick’s reaction was. And you don’t know what his financial circumstances might be, what his commitments are and how this threat to his livelihood has affected his mental well-being. Ironic given what your recent fundraising has been about.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 3, 2020, 7:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,763
Gold Stars: 81
Ollie quote on this weeks pre match press conference is he has now sold his house down Bristol and is ,as stated above, now looking for a new home up here so not really an empty promise. Anyone who has been involved in house sales will now what an excruciatingly painful process it can be so given Covid as well not surprising it’s taken this long to get his deal completed. We can be critical of his selections and sound bites but despite everything he has fulfilled his commitment to move to the area.

AL obviously could not agree to a pay cut of 25% but can agree to be jobless which seems a little odd but thought he did a good job as Interim Manager and was always a very positive guy so sorry to see him leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
aldi_01
November 3, 2020, 8:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Limbrick clearly had his reasons and wouldn’t play ball with the club regarding his wages which is his choice.

I’ve never understood the obsession of people wanting players an managers to live in the area of the club, plenty of people live miles away from their job but still have the passion and understanding etc.

I’m sure he’ll get himself some work nearer home and I’m sure Holloway will find himself a house. Doesn’t really mean anything to us though does it...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
oochiad
November 3, 2020, 9:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Your always having a dig Aldi, what’s your problem? Try supporting Ollie for a change, your way of the mark as usual.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anthony Limbrick

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.