Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps Top.....Aghhhh
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 101 Guests

Gimps Top.....Aghhhh

This thread currently has 33,651 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
NorfolkImp
April 22, 2021, 10:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Davec
I sometimes read opposition forums before and after games so see things from their perspective and of course if we signed a player then I may look at his ex clubs forums to see if I can find what they thought about him but i have very rarely actually signed up to post on another clubs forum

Have you never felt the urge to reply when opposition fans slag it off for no good reason though ... if not to add balance to the argument if nothing else?

Private Message
Reply: 150 - 199
Hagrid
April 22, 2021, 10:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,532
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Have you never felt the urge to reply when opposition fans slag it off for no good reason though ... if not to add balance to the argument if nothing else?

i did post on the braintree forum after out 5-0 loss there, they seemed as shocked as i was at what happened
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 199
promotion plaice
April 24, 2021, 5:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Well who'd a thought it? Little Lincoln level pegging with the massive Mackems with a few games left, and a Wembley Play-off Final against them looking a distinct possibility?

I'll be honest with you all, I thought we were gone, but an inspired substitution by Appleton v Blackpool resulting in 2 late goals has completely rejuvenated everyone.

8 goals scored since 0 conceded and 10pts with key men returning, has us back in the mixer for the IMPossible dream.

Good win for Hull today  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 199
A Brace Of Tees
April 24, 2021, 5:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Let us not lose sight of the fact that the vast majority of Lincoln's 'supporters' have little or no knowledge about their club prior to the Cowley era.

It's simply another example of glory hunters and is probably no better than those people who 'support' one of the 'Disgraced 6' who did their utmost to ruin our national game last week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 199
Plankton
April 24, 2021, 5:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Let us not lose sight of the fact that the vast majority of Lincoln's 'supporters' have little or no knowledge about their club prior to the Cowley era.

It's simply another example of glory hunters and is probably no better than those people who 'support' one of the 'Disgraced 6' who did their utmost to ruin our national game last week.

Or was it excellent marketing of the club to bring fringe fans and outsiders into the club, bringing cash and spurring them on forward with multiple promotions and becoming a bigger club than us?

No, you're right, it's glory supporters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 199
A Brace Of Tees
April 24, 2021, 5:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Plankton

Or was it excellent marketing of the club to bring fringe fans and outsiders into the club, bringing cash and spurring them on forward with multiple promotions and becoming a bigger club than us?

No, you're right, it's glory supporters.

The point I'm making is that all of us on here have followed our club through thick and thin for many, many years - in my case since 1967. And I make no excuse for finding it pretty despicable when people latch on to a club simply because they're having a bit of success.

You can stick your 'marketing' and associated corporate bullsh!t. We all know what makes a true fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 199
Plankton
April 24, 2021, 6:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38

The point I'm making is that all of us on here have followed our club through thick and thin for many, many years - in my case since 1967. And I make no excuse for finding it pretty despicable when people latch on to a club simply because they're having a bit of success.

You can stick your 'marketing' and associated corporate bullsh!t. We all know what makes a true fan.

I completely understand your view and I am not disagreeing with you in what makes a true fan. I don't have the pedigree of yourself and my first town memory was the season of 98/99 with a longer-lasting memory of Grimsby beating Burnley 6-5.

What you cannot ignore is the exceptional work Lincoln put into their club to make themselves worth people's time and pull together a gathering bigger than us, I don't like it, but that's how it is. We had an opportunity going back into the league in 2016 to hit reset and pull us all together and become a club to be proud of in the community - that's marketing, the thing that you call 'associated 'bullsh!t'. One club chose to mobilise and build, one didn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 199
moosey_club
April 24, 2021, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,325
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Plankton

I completely understand your view and I am not disagreeing with you in what makes a true fan. I don't have the pedigree of yourself and my first town memory was the season of 98/99 with a longer-lasting memory of Grimsby beating Burnley 6-5.

What you cannot ignore is the exceptional work Lincoln put into their club to make themselves worth people's time and pull together a gathering bigger than us, I don't like it, but that's how it is. We had an opportunity going back into the league in 2016 to hit reset and pull us all together and become a club to be proud of in the community - that's marketing, the thing that you call 'associated 'bullsh!t'. One club chose to mobilise and build, one didn't.

oohhh, tease.......i must tune in next week to find which was which...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 199
Abdul19
April 24, 2021, 6:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,627
Gold Stars: 220

So if we somehow turn good and a couple of thousand extra turn up, you're going to sit there slagging them off for 90 minutes because they don't remember Martin McIntosh?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 199
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 24, 2021, 7:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,783
Gold Stars: 82
Think they have a new American investor about to put money into the club so things remain very positive for them at present and I continue to get grief everywhere I go. Fair to say though that the majority of Imps I speak with all want us to stay up and wish we were all in the same league, if only !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 199
20 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps Top.....Aghhhh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.