Northbank Mariner
October 14, 2020, 9:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC

After the World Cup the team got to the last 4 of the nations league and qualified for the Euros from all be it a softish group with ease.

Re engaged the fan base...

Appears to have got players “wanting” to be part of the squad/team.

Got the media relatively on side ....

Gave Youth a chance......

Dealt with players behaving like tools ....

Supported and led his players professionally in the face of terrible racism ....

Got M&S’s share price up with waist coat sales.

So, last 4 of a tin pot competition is classed as success?...hardly, is it really?..

How did he deal with players behaving like tools?, Yeah so fringe players Foden and Greenwood got a slap on the wrist and sent home, yet Sancho, Abraham and Grealish who all broke lockdown rules keep their place and Maguire who has quite a nasty court case hanging over his head!..
And, I wore a waist cost in the 80s, thankfully didn't get drawn into that daft fashion again just because the bearded wonder wears one!..
In all honesty, they should never have sacked Alerdyce for me, even gone for Redknapp, I just can't stick Southgate, never rated him as a club manager yet alone one of our national team..just my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
Welwynmariner
October 14, 2020, 9:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Gaffer58
Only got to see the second half but has any of the players shone or as I’m seeing it they’re trying but cannot match a better team/players. Plus, does the ref give a free kick every time someone falls over or screams?

Spanish referee, so what do you expect.

Maguire looked a liability from the first minute, as did Rashford. Given results I wouldn't have had any Man Utd player out there tonight. James and Mount have been impressive imho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
promotion plaice
October 14, 2020, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Spanish referee, so what do you expect.

Maguire looked a liability from the first minute, as did Rashford. Given results I wouldn't have had any Man Utd player out there tonight. James and Mount have been impressive imho.

I've never rated Rashford, must just be me.....jeez do we miss Sterling.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
Gaffer58
October 14, 2020, 9:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
See Jordan Henderson is coming on, does anybody really think he’s going to score or set one up, he’s a very good water carrier but not an attacking midfielder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
promotion plaice
October 14, 2020, 9:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

This ref belongs in the tinpot, poor.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
supertown
October 14, 2020, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
I thought all the excrement refs were in the lower leagues. This one is a joke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
HertsGTFC
October 14, 2020, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

So, last 4 of a tin pot competition is classed as success?...hardly, is it really?..

How did he deal with players behaving like tools?, Yeah so fringe players Foden and Greenwood got a slap on the wrist and sent home, yet Sancho, Abraham and Grealish who all broke lockdown rules keep their place and Maguire who has quite a nasty court case hanging over his head!..
And, I wore a waist cost in the 80s, thankfully didn't get drawn into that daft fashion again just because the bearded wonder wears one!..
In all honesty, they should never have sacked Alerdyce for me, even gone for Redknapp, I just can't stick Southgate, never rated him as a club manager yet alone one of our national team..just my opinion.

This is clearly a debate that your not going to budge on.

The Nations league might be a bit tin pot but what would you people have us withdraw as it’s beneath us just like the early World Cups & European competitions?

I think the difference with Foden and Greenwood was that they where in the camp when they transgressed McGuire wasn’t included in the next squad after his antics in Greece.

The 3 lads who broke the rules where kept away, not sure if that was the right approach or not TBH personally I’d have excluded then from this squad.

Alerdyce as he was happy to do stuff for money or whatever he was bragging about. Harry is a chirpy cockney football “national treasure” but also has form with brown paper envelopes and 1 FA Cup for 30+ years of club management.

Everyone has differing opinions but overall despite tonight’s non event we’re in better shape Nationally than we have been for a long time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
HertsGTFC
October 14, 2020, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from promotion plaice

I've never rated Rashford, must just be me.....jeez do we miss Sterling.

And Trippier as well I think

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
carrot top
October 14, 2020, 9:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Garbage. No invention just steady away players who go backwards all the time. Getting beat by a very average team. England never fail to disappoint

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
Northbank Mariner
October 14, 2020, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC

This is clearly a debate that your not going to budge on.

The Nations league might be a bit tin pot but what would you people have us withdraw as it’s beneath us just like the early World Cups & European competitions?

I think the difference with Foden and Greenwood was that they where in the camp when they transgressed McGuire wasn’t included in the next squad after his antics in Greece.

The 3 lads who broke the rules where kept away, not sure if that was the right approach or not TBH personally I’d have excluded then from this squad.

Alerdyce as he was happy to do stuff for money or whatever he was bragging about. Harry is a chirpy cockney football “national treasure” but also has form with brown paper envelopes and 1 FA Cup for 30+ years of club management.

Everyone has differing opinions just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean you have to be so passive aggressive...... please read your post back before you press send!

Don't be so precious, it's called opinion and debate and it's not about budging, why should I have to bow down or budge on my opinions or thoughts.
You have yours and quite rightly so, I will argue a point if I believe in my opinion in the same way you do.
Fir what it's worth, Alerdyce and Redknapp come from an area where desks were done on the golf course and a spit in the palm sealed a deal.
Any England player bringing the game into disrepute should be handed a ban of X amount of games and dropped for qualifying games and tournaments closest to the date of their misdemeanor,
I'll eat humble pie if we make to any major final under Southgate but I just feel he's got a crop of seriously talented players and isn't getting the best out of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England v Denmark

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.