1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 14, 2020, 9:53am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
I know a lot of people scoff at the Football Manager game, but over the years their valuations and wage demands have been pretty damn close to the truth, whether they have been given details from individual clubs or they are making a good guesstimate.

Ive just been looking at our 6 loanees and this is what it shows - Value : Estimated cost : Wage

Danny Preston - 53k : 525k : £500
Owura Edwards - 19k : 3k : £250
Terry Taylor - 85k : 95k : £750
James Morton - 181k : 350k : £800
Kyle Bennett - 124k : 90k : £4000
Owen Windsor - 11k : 3k : £120

If they are to be taken anywhere near face value, Ollie needs to making enquiries as to the real asking price of Edwards and Windsor at least. The problem we have is that if they both perform really well this season on loan, then their asking price will go up and they will probably then be out of our price range. Although they are both on season-long loans, a club can purchase said player during their loan spell.

As good as Danny Preston is looking, sadly he is well out of our price bracket. Taylor and Morton have to prove themselves far better for their loans to be fruitful.

Hopes are high for Kyle Bennett. He has the potential to tear this league a new a-hole if he can perform for us, but until his fitness returns, we are all in limbo. Sadly for us, he was the highest paid player at Bristol Rovers, his single wage was higher than half of our squads wages  added together. Something tells me that he wouldnt be keen on taking a 75% pay cut to play at our level.

Logged Offline
Private Message
golfer
October 14, 2020, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
First game of the season I haven't been bored. Splendid entertainment (from both sides) could have easily been 6 - 6. 100% effort and fitness improving. One or two tweaks and we could have a VERY good team. I enjoyed it !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Rodley Mariner
October 14, 2020, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
I suspect Bristol City would be telling us where we could stick our 19k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Les Brechin
October 14, 2020, 12:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
I was in two minds whether or not to purchase a match pass last night having done so for the past 3 games and only seen 1 point and no goals.

Pretty glad I decided to now though.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
October 14, 2020, 2:43pm
Guest User
I know a lot of people scoff at the Football Manager game, but over the years their valuations and wage demands have been pretty damn close to the truth, whether they have been given details from individual clubs or they are making a good guesstimate.

Each club have a researcher who is a fan of the team, and they send in the details to Football Manager.

Reply: 4 - 5
Abdul19
October 14, 2020, 4:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,577
Gold Stars: 218
I assume Premier League West Brom were desperate to get £6000 a year Windsor off their wage bill.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our 6 loanees

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.