2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
October 12, 2020, 9:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
At a loose end I watched this game tonight, which was a credit to league 2.

Harrogate dominated the game, and in the end played Bradford off the park and should have won by more than the one goal.

Harrogate had some very tidy players, very tidy indeed so how did they attract them? Obviously they are a tiny club in league terms, so is it high wages, a great scouting system or simply a club that is on the up with an infrastructure to match?

I had a little look at the Bradford forum and fair to say they are not best pleased, and considering the stature of the the two clubs I am not surprised.

Harrogate had 22 efforts on goal.
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
October 12, 2020, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Thought Harrogate deserved the win, played the better football. Due to recent events surrounding Bradford and the director of whateverheis, I couldn't be happier seeing the Yorkie tw@ts lose!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
promotion plaice
October 12, 2020, 10:05pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Yeah watched it.

Good game and Harrogate fully deserved the win.

Tough game for us next Tuesday against them at BP on that showing.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
paramariner
October 12, 2020, 10:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
It's a really nice town, lovely place to live, maybe that plays a part in attracting players?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
ginnywings
October 12, 2020, 10:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Surely not. Bradford are way too good to lose to no marks like Harrogate.

Funny as fook.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 12, 2020, 11:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,905
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from paramariner
It's a really nice town, lovely place to live, maybe that plays a part in attracting players?

Must be afternoons spent at bettys

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
ivanosandwich
October 13, 2020, 10:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from paramariner

Got an excellent Grimsby Fish supplier too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
pontoonlew
October 13, 2020, 12:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Think we should be the ones aggrieved that Bradford game didn’t happen last week and not them, they were shite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
lew chaterleys lover
October 13, 2020, 3:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from paramariner

It may play a small part, but on the flip side it is very expensive to live there.  

I think it must be more than that. Probably akin to Buckley - a set way of playing, everyone knowing their job and adding one or two players at a time to improve the team. I know the owner has his son to manage the team, so you would expect a close knit and confident relationship there which would help. I don't know if the chairman is a very rich and astute man, but he has obviously done a lot of things right and must pay decent money..

I will admit they surprised me, as they did most of Bradford fans by the sound of it, and they were easy on the eye, hardworking and skilful and played the game the right way. If we can start to gel it should be a good game next week.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
jamesgtfc
October 13, 2020, 4:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190

It may play a small part, but on the flip side it is very expensive to live there.  

I think it must be more than that. Probably akin to Buckley - a set way of playing, everyone knowing their job and adding one or two players at a time to improve the team. I know the owner has his son to manage the team, so you would expect a close knit and confident relationship there which would help. I don't know if the chairman is a very rich and astute man, but he has obviously done a lot of things right and must pay decent money..

I will admit they surprised me, as they did most of Bradford fans by the sound of it, and they were easy on the eye, hardworking and skilful and played the game the right way. If we can start to gel it should be a good game next week.

Although the manager is the owners son he was actually there before his dad and convinced his dad to get involved!

By all accounts Weaver is a decent bloke and good mates with Matt Bloomer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
moosey_club
October 13, 2020, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Was evident from games i saw on tv last season that Harrogate players were physically fit and press very well, in their end of season play off games they were head and shoulders quicker, fitter and more disciplined than their opponents. Play nice football as well but have the option of a big target man to bring on if they need something diferent too.
Have been building  momentum/confidence over a few seasons now and that in itself is difficult to stop.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 13, 2020, 6:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from paramariner

Well, on that basis players should be flocking to play for Town.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford City v Harrogate Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.