2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Kris2
October 12, 2020, 2:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
There are a bunch of reasons this can happen and it's not always necessarily down to internet speed. WiFi issues are possible, Virgin Media have a terrible hub for WiFi that randomly slows you down for no reason. Browser settings, video codecs, Anti Virus software and hardware limitations being that Chrome is an over demanding piece of excrement are all things to consider too.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
arryarryarry
October 12, 2020, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Kris2
There are a bunch of reasons this can happen and it's not always necessarily down to internet speed. WiFi issues are possible, Virgin Media have a terrible hub for WiFi that randomly slows you down for no reason. Browser settings, video codecs, Anti Virus software and hardware limitations being that Chrome is an over demanding piece of excrement are all things to consider too.

I use Chrome and not had a problem.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
BenBB
October 12, 2020, 5:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +844
Gold Stars: 30
I was watching the match on a train on my phone on my 3/4G in the middle of a field and it was streaming fine in HD apart from in blackspots like tunnels. iFollow isn't the problem, in fact it's quite good as it cleverly adjusts the quality to adapt to the network connection quality.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 16
GrimRob
October 12, 2020, 6:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
I'd install the WifiAnalyser app on my phone/tablet and see if there were anny channel conflicts on my Wifi and any other issues it identifies. It should advise you on the best channel and best position for your router. You should hopefully be able to make any changes needed on your router.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 16
headingly_mariner
October 12, 2020, 8:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
I had it hooked up to my work laptop that i used with great success for ifollow last season on Tuesday games, never went off, no buffering or quality issues.
Now it buffers every 5-10 minutes and I have to hit the live button. Checked my internet speed wired and wifi both 300mps. Any ideas?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Stranger in the Park
October 17, 2020, 7:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
Foolishly I thought  3rd time lucky after previous tales of woe with ifollow have seen 20 mins at first try and 40 mins on second occaision . This time I got abolutely nada. Emailed the helpline twice- no replies. After the half time break I asked for my money back......nada. NEVER EVER AGAIN.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Stadium
October 17, 2020, 7:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Foolishly I thought  3rd time lucky after previous tales of woe with ifollow have seen 20 mins at first try and 40 mins on second occaision . This time I got abolutely nada. Emailed the helpline twice- no replies. After the half time break I asked for my money back......nada. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Drop BAWB a message,he's an expert on ifollow.
According to him it's your own fault.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow Problems

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.