6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 4, 2020, 1:37am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Now we all know about the £1.5 BILLION bailout that the Arts got from the Government.

Have you since heard about the Royal Albert Hall reopening, and allowing crowds of 3000 people to watch concerts?

The notice says proudly: 'Welcome to the Royal Albert Hall. We're back for Christmas.'

Indeed they are. Back with the Royal Choral Society on December 9, Guy Barker's Big Band on December 11, an Orchestral Adventure on December 13, Handel's Messiah on December 15, plus four days of carols and The Nutcracker post-Christmas.

'There will be a maximum of 3,000 audience members at any one performance,' the RAH explain, 'in addition to around 100 members of front of house, security and catering staff. Our usual capacity is 5,272, staff excluded.'

So that works out to be about 57% of capacity where seating is tightly packed in, and yet they won't let a 1000 people into an open air football ground that can accommodate many thousands more.

Something stinks about all this. Maybe Boris wants to go listen to Handel's Messiah.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
October 4, 2020, 4:09am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
Grantham_Mariner
October 4, 2020, 9:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
It just shows you how the government see all football fans. They see us as uncouth morons that would not be able to control ourselves and stick to any guidelines. They also see the clubs as incapable of controlling even a small crowd. I bet all they see is a few pints, a pie & a fight, otherwise why not let us back into our grounds.

Or is there another reason?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
ska face
October 4, 2020, 9:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
If people didn’t cotton on to who this govt are working for when groups of 7 were banned, but hunting & grouse shooting meetings of 30 were allowed, then they might be beyond help.

I hope all the ten-bob millionaires in N.E.Lincs enjoy Handel’s Messiah at the Royal Albert Hall!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
golfer
October 4, 2020, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 117
Oh - but doesn't one wash before Concerts so there are no germs on one . I have heard that scruffy football supporters actually go to the "game" in smelly "fishy" overalls. I know we are supposed to treat people from these places as "nearly" equals but wasn't there a rumour not so long ago about one of the "under privileged" wearing a striped shirt trying to get a ticket. A jolly good job we found out in time -I believe he was from Grimbsy or some backwater up there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
NorthseaMariner
October 4, 2020, 9:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
It’s a very good point you raise. It’s allowed to have over 50% of normal capacity in an enclosed space. Hell, even the Parkway cinema can have people in.
But no one can go to an outside event, like a football match. I think they worry about the travelling to and from the stadiums, I don’t know, but I think I’ve heard this somewhere.
In that case, shouldn’t the trams, buses etc. get there house in order?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
aldi_01
October 4, 2020, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But surely people travel from all over to go to those indoor events?

It’s a flipping farce, the government are incompetent, they’re plucking rules and guidance out of the air and it’s just becoming one big mess.

A fellow town fan posted something on Facebook this morning regarding a response from Martin Vickers after asking him to lobby to save the arts and hospitality industry...no guesses for what his response was.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
LH
October 4, 2020, 9:49am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
I’m starting to think that the Conservative Party don’t really care about the working class.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
NorthseaMariner
October 4, 2020, 9:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Agreed aldi, but, and I’m only going on my failing memory, they only seemed to apply that logic to football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
aldi_01
October 4, 2020, 9:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from LH
I’m starting to think that the Conservative Party don’t really care about the working class.

But but but...they represent us, they stand for the same beliefs...imagine voting for them whilst living in Grimsby...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Arts vs Football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.