3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
October 4, 2020, 12:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Anyone got their football fix this weekend? I was at Lincoln United v Stocksbridge Park Steels (famous for giving Jamie Vardy a chance).

Final score was 4-3 to Stocksbridge with some good goals in amongst them, lots of flying tackles which the ref let go and plenty of endeavour from both teams. Lincoln got level late on and looked like they could go on to win but a 30 yard shot 1 minute later took a wicked deflection and handed Stocksbridge the game!

Cleethorpes Town v Sheffield FC for me on Tuesday night. Sheffield FC are the oldest club in the world and were quite impressive last season each time I saw them.
Logged Online
Private Message
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2020, 12:34am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Not a chance. Spent ‘football time’ in the laundrette as the kitchen is being done.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
forza ivano
October 4, 2020, 10:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Aylesbury United 3 -2  Daventry Town.Absolute classic, Both had 100% records and Daventry raced into a 2 goal lead, with their only 2 attacks  ,both superbly taken goals (1 a Vardy like near post flick the other a 20 yard cushioned volley) Ducks finally found their feet, got a goal back and after that were the dominant side.second half was defence against attack with the Daventry keeper making 6 saves which eouldve graced the premiership. Daventry had a man sent off and Aylesbury eventually equalised with a nicely worked team goal. Last minute (this was by now 5pm,!) And Max Hercules goes through one on one, only for the heroic keeper turn villain by bringing him down and getting sent off! Maxy got up, coolly slotted home the penalty ,and so sealing a game that will be remembered for years to come.All for £9
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
dapperz fun pub
October 4, 2020, 11:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 84
Tried watching Grimsby borough and cleethorpes town just not for me , but if you’re desperate for live football go it might be for you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
IlkleyMariner
October 4, 2020, 11:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Gildersome Spurs 5-2 v White Rose followed by fish and chips at the famous Mermaid in Morley.
Played on a 3G pitch as other local games I had pencilled in postponed due to warthogs on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Mayaman
October 4, 2020, 12:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Why don't they stream Grimsby Ladies.  Banging in goals galore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Mayaman
October 4, 2020, 12:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Watched HCMC city win 5-1 last weekend.  Going up to Hanoi away next week.  No social distancing, no masks.  That's because everyone adhered to the rules.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 4, 2020, 12:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
I also was at the Lincoln United game with my lad. Very enjoyable as was their midweek game v Cleethorpes Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Henryscat
October 4, 2020, 3:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Mayaman
Why don't they stream Grimsby Ladies.  Banging in goals galore.

5-0 up at half time vs Leicester City in the cup

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
moosey_club
October 4, 2020, 3:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Gildersome Spurs 5-2 v White Rose followed by fish and chips at the famous Mermaid in Morley.
Played on a 3G pitch as other local games I had pencilled in postponed due to warthogs on the pitch.

Blimey, didnt realise they were so common in Yorkshire

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
jamesgtfc
October 4, 2020, 7:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I also was at the Lincoln United game with my lad. Very enjoyable as was their midweek game v Cleethorpes Town.

I thought the game yesterday was much better. Stocksbridge looked a good team. Liked their number 3 who had a good engine on him.

It's not a bad little ground there. I took £20 home on Tuesday after winning the first goal and was one minute off yesterday!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 4, 2020, 9:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I thought the game yesterday was much better. Stocksbridge looked a good team. Liked their number 3 who had a good engine on him.

It's not a bad little ground there. I took £20 home on Tuesday after winning the first goal and was one minute off yesterday!

Both games very competitive but agree Saturday’s match far better. Lincoln United like town lack decent strikers and have nobody that really holds the ball up but everyone gave 100% in both matches and hard to pick a winner in both games. Have to say hard to imagine that Vernon or Hannah were ever full time professionals, appreciate their age nowadays but neither looked to have the expected first touch. For Cleethorpes thought Winfarah was best of the ex-town contingent.

Looks like Ashby Avenue will be the place of our football fix this season as we go watch their reserves in Lincs League as well!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
forza ivano
October 5, 2020, 4:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
What I find really enjoyable about footie at that level is a) the camaraderie and b) that you never expect too much
AUFC have about 150 fans travelling 15 miles to every home gzme,everyone knows each other and they're a very vocal crowd so there's loads of banter and funny comments,.you also get friendly with lots of the players parents/siblings/ girlfriends ,so you tend to cut them loads more slack as a) you don't want to fall out with them but b) you often hear why they are not playing as well as usual.
And when you realise they're only on about £30 a match plus expenses you really appreciate their commitment to training, travelling and playing.finally you know they're not great players so you accept their mistakes and weaknesses and just enjoy the gzme. Lucki!y AUFC  are a good team with skilful little players who like to try and play football, so when it comes off the whole experience is even more fulfilling
Have to say I rarely come away from a GTFC game having enjoyed it as much as I do from the majority or AUFC matches, which was is sac to say
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
lukeo
October 6, 2020, 12:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Wellington afc 2-2 Bridgwater
Floodlights went out on the 95th minute, 3 minutes left.. Postponed. Game has been rearranged which is madness!
Also watched welly get smashed by Plymouth Parkway who brought a good 2-300 fans which was good. To see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
jamesgtfc
October 6, 2020, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
Wellington afc 2-2 Bridgwater
Floodlights went out on the 95th minute, 3 minutes left.. Postponed. Game has been rearranged which is madness!
Also watched welly get smashed by Plymouth Parkway who brought a good 2-300 fans which was good. To see.

That is insane! I thought once the game got to a certain point, the result was given!

I was heading to Cleethorpes Town v Sheffield FC tonight but it's been postponed due to a possible case in the Sheffield FC camp. Sheffield FC are reporting tonights game is off and they next return to action on Saturday!

How can that be right? Rules need to be applied for the football pyramid because you get militant clubs like us closing everything down for 2 weeks whilst Crewe rock up at an away game with a positive player sat on the coach and want to play!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Heswall Mariner
October 6, 2020, 1:06pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
Agree with a couple of earlier posts on Town Ladies. If not live streaming - why not the highlights as they seem to be scoring a shed full of goals.
Incidentally I see they have taken on a girl from Lincoln on a 'dual contract'. I assume this is a loan agreement with the parent club being able to recall the player at any time - or can they turn out for one at the weekend & the other midweek?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Mariner16
October 6, 2020, 3:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
I went to Loughborough Dynamo v Cleethorpes Town on Saturday, got soaked but worth it. Clee didn't take chances, should have won but drew 1-1 Josh Venney free kick headed in by Scott Vernon. Ross Hannah had a few chances, but Venney ran the game in centre midfield. It was nice to see other ex Town such as Winfarrah, Brandon Buckley and Paul Walker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
lukeo
October 6, 2020, 10:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Agree with a couple of earlier posts on Town Ladies. If not live streaming - why not the highlights as they seem to be scoring a shed full of goals.
Incidentally I see they have taken on a girl from Lincoln on a 'dual contract'. I assume this is a loan agreement with the parent club being able to recall the player at any time - or can they turn out for one at the weekend & the other midweek?

Dual agreement means you're signed for both teams. She will no doubt play for Lincoln but if they don't have a game then she can play for Grimsby.
Happens alot in men's football down here in the south west, it's very annoying! You're allowed 3 'senior' players in your match day squad, I assume it's similar rules in the ladies situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
promotion plaice
October 6, 2020, 10:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 200

I'm just watching the games on the TV.

Man City v Leicester, Man Utd v Spurs and Aston Villa v Liverpool was pretty entertaining.  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Humbercod
October 6, 2020, 10:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Apparently watching Immingham town at home is an eye opener, they’ve brought in some decent players for that level by all accounts and with teams like Tetney Rovers, Louth Town, a couple of Lincoln teams and the mighty Nunny Tavern it could be worth a visit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
Henryscat
October 6, 2020, 11:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Humbercod
Apparently watching Immingham town at home is an eye opener, they’ve brought in some decent players for that level by all accounts and with teams like Tetney Rovers, Louth Town, a couple of Lincoln teams and the mighty Nunny Tavern it could be worth a visit.

Danny North plays for the tavern nowadays doesn’t he? CDAJATL

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Fix

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.