4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Norseman
October 15, 2020, 11:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +284
Gold Stars: 48
Why would town be bothered about letting people in. If they did and it was limited to 1000 it would cost them money.  As it is they have sold 1320 season tickets and costing them nothing. Some ST Holders myself included are not even getting I follow as their tvs are not compatible. Also if they let 1000 in would they have to pay 320 people back under contract law.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
aldi_01
October 16, 2020, 7:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
On top of the ST income, if they opened the stadium for only a 1000 they would likely still generate income, clubs wouldn’t be pushing for it if it wasn’t worth it.

However, as has been discussed time and time again, the government are incompetent, whatever your political persuasion it’s impossible to disagree about their sheer incompetence. We’ve just seen a tier system introduced that makes little sense, there’s a possibility that a circuit breaker lockdown (whatever that actually is), so I’d imagine the government couldn’t even have a sensible discussion about letting football crowds in let alone put together a plan for it.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Stadium
October 16, 2020, 5:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from aldi_01
On top of the ST income, if they opened the stadium for only a 1000 they would likely still generate income, clubs wouldn’t be pushing for it if it wasn’t worth it.

However, as has been discussed time and time again, the government are incompetent, whatever your political persuasion it’s impossible to disagree about their sheer incompetence. We’ve just seen a tier system introduced that makes little sense, there’s a possibility that a circuit breaker lockdown (whatever that actually is), so I’d imagine the government couldn’t even have a sensible discussion about letting football crowds in let alone put together a plan for it.

Even the Tier system is flawed.
Lancashire allowing gyms & leisure centres to remain open.
Liverpool has these closed.
Football has no chance whatsoever.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
ginnywings
October 23, 2020, 9:36am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
Gaffer58
October 23, 2020, 11:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 33
Easy way to get fans into the ground would be at half time release some grouse onto the pitch and then let people shoot them, and don’t think your name has to de Tarquin to participate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
Gaffer58
October 23, 2020, 11:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 33
Easy way to get fans into the ground would be at half time release some grouse onto the pitch and then let people shoot them, and don’t think your name has to de Tarquin to participate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
KingstonMariner
October 23, 2020, 11:15am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

To be slightly nitpicking with that link (not you Ginny) - 500 metres is not half a mile. It’s half a kilometre, or less than a third of a mile. And if it took me 12 minutes to walk that far I’d be very worried about myself.

Still the point it illustrates is valid. The sheer bloody inconsistency of the rules.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
grimsby pete
October 23, 2020, 12:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings

That is utter bonkers !!!

I was going to say the government said football crowds sing and shout which will send the virus much further but I thought they took that into consideration when allocating what is a safe number for each ground.

Well do they think the fans will not sing and shout while watching a game at the cinema ?

Like I said, utter bonkers !!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 23, 2020, 3:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,761
Gold Stars: 81
The ridiculousness of this situation is that fans are now attending football stadia, watching the game live on tv whilst enjoying a beer but cannot actually go through the passage to watch it from a seat. Given football clubs all have agreed protocols in place where is the difference of being inside their club’s bar and actually being sat in the ground in the fresh air.

That said Local  reports suggest Lincolnshire is heading for Tier2 status within the next fortnight so if things are deteriorating that quickly in this most rural of counties you can be damned sure it’s spreading more quickly in larger conurbations and more and more local areas throughout the country will get mini lockdowns.

The virus ain’t going anywhere in the foreseeable future so we need a fair and consistent way of being allowed to manage our daily lives without placing the vulnerable and the NHS at risk. We will never get 100% consensus for anything never mind The so called best approaches to managing This virus but we do need more tolerance of in allowing individuals more freedom to get on with their lives by allowing attendance at any events or venues where the correct safety measures are in place and certified as suitable by the appropriate body.

There is no logic that Lincoln United can have 200 fans but Grimsby can’t have 1000, or Man Utd 10,000.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
KingstonMariner
October 23, 2020, 6:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
A mate told me yesterday that Corinthian Casuals are getting 400 (in a ground with only 161 seats and a maximum capacity of c 2000. I think in normal seasons they get around 200 - clearly followers of other clubs missing their fix.

It must be harder to ensure social distancing with 20% in an unseated ground than it is to do it in a fully seated ground. Especially as the Casuals’ ground has no terracing on two sides.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This is outrageous

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.