Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 12 Guests

Fans Returning/Cases Rising

This thread currently has 23,290 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
September 9, 2020, 10:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
As we all know, the government don’t know their bottom from their elbow.

They’re reintroducing another bodge job, so important it can wait almost a week to be implemented.

It’s all becoming farcical.

There’s absolutely zero evidence to suggest fans won’t be allowed in to sporting events, much like there’s little evidence to the contrary.

The whole thing is becoming even more of a farce than it already was. People are fed up listening to and being told to take advice from a clusterfuck personified and then there are those almost paranoid to an extent that they’ve shut down everything in their life.

Then there’s the rest, many know it isn’t perhaps as bad as being said, they’ve listened, they’ve made their own mind up but realise that if they want any sort of return to acruslly normality rather than this bullshit ‘new normal’ then perhaps we just have to crack on...

But as I say, when things are so desperately important we have to wait a week for it to come in to force it does make even then least cynical person question the validity.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 193
It Bites
September 10, 2020, 7:50am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
People you say ? . That's a sweeping statement isn't it . I know alot of "people" that a very happy to do as they are told to help deal with this pandemic . Have you lived through a pandemic before if the answer is No then just do as you're told . Stop wining and moaning about missing football or not been able to go to Majorca this year . Don't tell me people are suffering I know that , it's a pandemic FFS , it will cause pain and suffering and Death .
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 193
Henryscat
September 10, 2020, 8:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Don’t trust people. People like Coldplay

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 193
louth_in_the_south
September 10, 2020, 8:43am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,708
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Croxton
In case you have missed this:-

Cambridge fighting to be allowed to repeat the success of last night's EFLpilot game this Saturday V Carlisle.

Cambridge also fielding some promising youngsters on a pristine surface. Masks worn and standing allowed as at non league grounds.

https://twitter.com/CambridgeUtdFC

I’ve got a feeling that the Cambridge experiment took place there was the proximity to the drugs companies in the city who are attempting to find a vaccine .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 193
It Bites
September 10, 2020, 8:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Henryscat

😂😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 193
Madeleymariner
September 10, 2020, 9:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
All 3 of us had it in our household end March/April. First Son Of who was very ill for a week several days with a temp and hardly moved and could well have been admitted to hospital  as he could hardly breath but wouldn't go. Wife Of and I caught it off him, Wife Of was half as ill as Son Of (like him has asthma) and also really struggled with breathing but not much of a temperature, I had it light touch, a bad cough for a week or so, with a little fever just over one night. The main thing was we were all absolutely knackered for weeks afterwards with no energy or umph to do anything other than basic household tasks. It certainly affects people in different ways and easy to transmit. Myself I think unfortuneately we need to shut indoor spaces like pubs/restaurants and flights again to get on top of it once and for all, football crowds ? not sure, will people act responsibly ?  a lot havn't managed to in other social settings so I doubt they will at a football match where certain groups of peoples behaviour is generally worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 193
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 10, 2020, 9:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The government is more frightened of us than it is of the virus. They and the “experts” are terrified of underestimating deaths and infections. They would rather be accused of exaggeration because this can be explained away. But if there are more fatalities than estimated then the blame game comes down on them.

In that sense all this Boristalk yesterday is not a deliberate denial of civil liberties but it is using fear and panic to make people accept measures they would have rebelled against. Using emotive terms like “it’s a pandemic so we must ..... “ it’s a world crisis so we must .....”. Pandemic is simply a term for a worldwide spread of a virus, it does not mean a worldwide spread of a virus that kills everyone. That is panic not pandemic.

We know the groups most likely to spread the virus so deal with them specifically. This ARP lark and the other rules for Monday  is like a teacher punishing the whole class for one person talking.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 193
Heisenberg
September 10, 2020, 9:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Henryscat

In that case, I can confirm that I must be some sort of extra terrestrial.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 193
lew chaterleys lover
September 10, 2020, 9:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
The government is more frightened of us than it is of the virus. They and the “experts” are terrified of underestimating deaths and infections. They would rather be accused of exaggeration because this can be explained away. But if there are more fatalities than estimated then the blame game comes down on them.

In that sense all this Boristalk yesterday is not a deliberate denial of civil liberties but it is using fear and panic to make people accept measures they would have rebelled against. Using emotive terms like “it’s a pandemic so we must ..... “ it’s a world crisis so we must .....”. Pandemic is simply a term for a worldwide spread of a virus, it does not mean a worldwide spread of a virus that kills everyone. That is panic not pandemic.

We know the groups most likely to spread the virus so deal with them specifically. This ARP lark and the other rules for Monday  is like a teacher punishing the whole class for one person talking.

I agree with that analysis.

Whilst listening yesterday that ghastly phrase "risk averse" was the overriding impression I got.

They are terrified of anything they can be accused of by their critics.

So called experts can blindly say do this or that without any regard for the wider implications- in the case of this particular forum the likely demise of our precious football clubs unless fans are let in soon.

It is a difficult situation to manage but I can't see people taking a blind bit of notice of any new restrictions.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 193
denni266
September 10, 2020, 9:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
Tinkering around the edges wont work. it may have a very small affect but that is it. Too many not wearing masks in shops and there will be few that stick to 6 in a group. Only another full lockdown will halt it , but it wont cure it . It is here untill a vaccine is found . I still dont think the season will run its full course without a stopage at some point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 193
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.