Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If I owned Docks Beers..,!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

If I owned Docks Beers..,!

This thread currently has 3,657 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
August 29, 2020, 9:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,698
Gold Stars: 19
I would open up the Academy space upstairs to show Town games on a big screen and sell tickets for each match. They’d sell out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 29, 2020, 9:50pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Or get the big screen back where they had the open air cinema. Same price tickets £25 a car. Sell out again, home and away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
Heisenberg
August 29, 2020, 10:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Belfast Town
I would open up the Academy space upstairs to show Town games on a big screen and sell tickets for each match. They’d sell out!

Love it, fantastic idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
moosey_club
August 29, 2020, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
but thats not allowed....so you can't.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
aldi_01
August 29, 2020, 10:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean the irony here is that it probably is allowed if you make it ‘socially distanced’ but then proves it’s all becoming rather farcical...

Docks have never been in to showing football and have tried to stay almost neutral, to not deter those who aren’t football fans.

I suspect plenty of boozers in town will be showing games, especially away games which will see pubs likely more packed than an away end at Exeter, Cheltenham and the likes...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
NorthLondonMariner
August 29, 2020, 11:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from aldi_01
I mean the irony here is that it probably is allowed if you make it ‘socially distanced’ but then proves it’s all becoming rather farcical...

Docks have never been in to showing football and have tried to stay almost neutral, to not deter those who aren’t football fans.

I suspect plenty of boozers in town will be showing games, especially away games which will see pubs likely more packed than an away end at Exeter, Cheltenham and the likes...

The 2 key words that basicly makes any indoor event completely financially unvible. To put it in to perspective, I run a 850 cap music venue in London. Under the current guidelines if we opened up with social distancing my capacity is reduced to under 100, but my operating costs are virtualy the same with 100 people as with 850. Plus trying to inforce soical distaning with football fans or gig gowers after they have had a few beers is just like pissing in the wind.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
aldi_01
August 30, 2020, 7:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
I agree and perhaps that’s where it’s time to start thinking of different ways of people are still concerned.

The guidance for gig venues has been even worse than that for schools. Those trials for gigs that people are saying is a success is ridiculous. If that’s how gigs become in the future then live music is done, unless you want Vegas style experiences or classical.

Is it time, especially for gigs venues to be allowed to open and folk to understand that social distancing isn’t happening and they enter at their own risk? If people are so concerned then they make that decisions themselves? As you say, opening a venue costs the same price whether it’s full capacity or greatly reduced...but the latter impacts on income generated.

I suspect the first town away game will see many a pub busy as normal and folk not in these so called precious family or social bubbles. Literally just people piling round someone’s house to watch it. Ironically, being on an open terrace or Open big stand would likely be safer but hey ho...it is what it is

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
pen penfras
August 30, 2020, 9:54am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
If it was down to people "doing so at their own risk", then we wouldn't have locked the country down for 3 months. It's about far more than that, rightly or wrongly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
moosey_club
August 30, 2020, 10:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
I follow is for personal use not for public screening.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
aldi_01
August 30, 2020, 10:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras
If it was down to people "doing so at their own risk", then we wouldn't have locked the country down for 3 months. It's about far more than that, rightly or wrongly.

The phrase lock down is hardly accurate...without causing further debate but let’s face it, our lockdown compared to others was nothing more than asking folk to stay home...

The bigger risk is if people begin to simply accept these at best bizarre guidance documents and they become the norm.

Back to the original point, as someone has stated, I believe iFollow technically is for households, not public venues etc...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If I owned Docks Beers..,!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.