Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowds at matches.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 206 Guests

Crowds at matches.

This thread currently has 2,604 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
gtfc82
August 27, 2020, 1:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
I seem to recall hearing a while ago that crowds would be allowed back into Town's matches in October. Is this actually happening, and if so, how many fans? I can't see any info online about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
August 27, 2020, 1:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Don’t think there is any info a total wall of silence from both the club and the EFL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
lew chaterleys lover
August 27, 2020, 1:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Good God. You expect fans to attend an outdoor event?

Report immediately for further indoctrination.

This whole farce of lockdown needs to end now and let people decide what to do themselves.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Poojah
August 27, 2020, 1:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,668
Gold Stars: 1,508
Accrington have announced that they intend to allow crowds of up to 1,535 fans at their ground from 'early October'. That's based on a normal capacity of 5,450, so just shy of 30%.

I don't think it's a simple matter of applying a blanket percentage though as all grounds aren't made equal, and Accrington still have several standing areas which is presumably better suited to distanced attendance, however for illustration applying that kind of ratio to BP you're looking at around 2,500.

If that's doable, with the 'top-up' from fans not in attendance paying to stream home games, you'd hope that the financial impact will not be quite as severe as potentially feared. A lot of ifs and uncertainty about all of this though, I admit.

Link: https://www.accringtonstanley......eason-ticket-update/

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
mimma
August 27, 2020, 1:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
You can sit in a pub and drink without a mask,  but you can't sit outside in a football ground.

It's a total farce what you can/cannot do and where to wear a mask and where not to wear one. At the height of the pandemic I could go into the shop without a mask, now I have to wear one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Youngy
August 27, 2020, 2:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,675
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from mimma
You can sit in a pub and drink without a mask,  but you can't sit outside in a football ground.

It's a total farce what you can/cannot do and where to wear a mask and where not to wear one. At the height of the pandemic I could go into the shop without a mask, now I have to wear one.

I mentioned on another post. I went to Papa's yesterday, it was rammed. No social distancing, full Pier, waiting area full of people waiting for seats. Must have been 150 people in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Abdul19
August 27, 2020, 3:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
I don't know why anyone is worrying. I'm sure the government will release some clear consistent guidance very soon.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
mimma
August 27, 2020, 4:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Watch out for those flying pigs Abdul  🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Hagrid
August 27, 2020, 4:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Complete Farce isnt it. Lack of guidance from anyone at the Efl or our wonderful government
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Stadium
August 27, 2020, 4:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
grimsby pete
August 27, 2020, 5:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Abdul19
I don't know why anyone is worrying. I'm sure the government will release some clear consistent guidance very soon.

If they do they will only do a U  turn the following week.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
MidnightMariner
August 27, 2020, 5:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 24
Been in the club shop today for my new shirts and was told to expect a letter next week regards attendances ( STH )
Letters will be going out from tomorrow ( Friday ) and should be delivered Mon/Tue.
Apparently , there will be 4 seats either direction of the available seats that will be tie wrapped/ strapped up making it impossible to change the seating arrangements to be put in place.
How this will guarantee every season ticket a seat seems impossible to understand due limited seating and the official seating capacity ??
Be prepared for some upset STH !
Hopefully I'll be 1 of the lucky ones 🤞
#bequickorbesick
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
male private Nale
August 27, 2020, 5:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Sounds like a brilliant event to attend, make sure you dont get over excited and shout, cheer or sing otherwise your ST could be in jeopardy
Quoted from MidnightMariner
Been in the club shop today for my new shirts and was told to expect a letter next week regards attendances ( STH )
Letters will be going out from tomorrow ( Friday ) and should be delivered Mon/Tue.
Apparently , there will be 4 seats either direction of the available seats that will be tie wrapped/ strapped up making it impossible to change the seating arrangements to be put in place.
How this will guarantee every season ticket a seat seems impossible to understand due limited seating and the official seating capacity ??
Be prepared for some upset STH !
Hopefully I'll be 1 of the lucky ones 🤞
#bequickorbesick
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
aldi_01
August 27, 2020, 7:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
How on earth are they going to tie wrap seats? I mean I appreciate our safety Officer is a plank and holds all town fans in contempt but I think they’d be ok just popping a sticker on like every other place.

I mean it actually sounds flipping dreadful, almost as bad as the guidance for gigs.

Can only see this being an absolute farce. Guess work, flimsy guidance from an incompetent government and clueless suggestions from a not fit for purpose EFL...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
IlkleyMariner
August 27, 2020, 8:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
There becomes a point in history where the general population will make up its own minds what to do. Personally I live technically in Bradford so am in lockdown. I live 12 miles from the part of Bradford with a problem. I live 800 m from the part of North Yorkshire with no problem.

What would you do in my situation. I may well ignore guidelines because they are stupid. I think most people would agree with me.....

I could always get a tent and move 800 m
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowds at matches.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.