Poojah
August 3, 2020, 5:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from forza ivano

Are we looking at the same signings Poojah? they're all signings from non league  or Scottish lower league.If I were a Scunt I wouldn't be getting very excited by any of them

Apologies, it was meant to say 'unestablished', rather than 'established' (which it now does thanks to a cheeky edit). That was my point; they aren't exciting and are clearly less expensive signings than Scunny would have been looking to make this time last year.

What I think we'll see are younger, less experienced and generally less able players taking up the places of senior pros that clubs can no longer afford. I think the dynamic of League Two will be very different and quite strange next season (and beyond); generally a poorer calibre of players with a smattering of players who have been forced to drop down from League One for the same reason.

Salford and Forest Green will do well out of this, sadly.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
moosey_club
August 3, 2020, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mallyner

I saw him score quite a few goals on Skysports news and he is a real handful; he looks very mobile and obviously has an eye for a goal.

Funny that, they never seem to show any striker missing all the time do they? 🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
jamesgtfc
August 3, 2020, 5:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

When you are a Scunny fan there is never much to get excited about. This batch of signings is probably as good as it gets.

Do you really believe Mr Swann knows as much about players at level 4 in England as our Ollie?

I doubt the scouts change with each managerial change so he's probably looked down a list of names and chosen a few that he likes.

With the frequency they change manager, I would want to sign as many players myself if I was going in there. If these 5 don't perform, it won't the fault of Mr Swann because it never is!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Mighty_Mariner
August 4, 2020, 5:34pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Poojah

Gnanduillet has never played for Town. Are you thinking of Oumare Tounkara by any chance?

Oh yes of course... I was convinced we'd had Gnanduillet on loan. I blame Dominic Cummings!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie has ‘lots of irons in the fire’

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.