Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What's going on at Louth Town FC?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 261 Guests

What's going on at Louth Town FC?

This thread currently has 2,870 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 23, 2020, 7:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 200

Just seen this:

"A Louth football club stuck in limbo for four years, after being kicked off their home ground to make way for housing, has decided to take a shot of their own."

https://www.louthleader.co.uk/.....d-facilities-2922580

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
louth_in_the_south
July 23, 2020, 8:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Let’s just say GBM are so far up their own arses they need one of their excavators to extract themselves  . And that’s me being polite.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Theimperialcoroner
July 23, 2020, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,258
Gold Stars: 102
They were robbed of their ground in the first place.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
hampshiremariner
July 26, 2020, 4:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Can anyone tell me what happened to Louth Utd who I believe played at Park Avenue. Back in the 1960s Louth had a good team in the old Lincs League, if my memory serves me right. A lad from Burgh, where I lived in my young days, called George Crawford, used to play in goal for them. He was very useful. I remember going to Louth with George's brother and being shown round. They had a new modern stand with a gym beneath it, I recall unless I am confused in my old age! They were well ahead of other comparable non-league clubs.
This story is a disgrace but typical of the way big companies throw their weight around. I hope Louth get the planning permission and can build up their facilities again. Best of luck to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
louth_in_the_south
July 26, 2020, 4:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
They had a decent team in the 80s and 90s but just didn’t have the £ to take the team to the next level .They regularly had decent teams down there for Pre season matches . I found a program recently of a friendly v Forest in the late 90s with pretty much their first team .  Perhaps if that was now , with the increased interest in NL football they’d be ok as I’m sure more people would go down to watch .
Park Av was prime development land and the local billy big time company grabbed it for a pittance with no intention of ever honouring their agreement and unfortunately the local council are a bunch of girls privates and don’t dare stand up to GBM

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
hampshiremariner
July 26, 2020, 8:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Did Louth Utd get renamed Louth Town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Biccys
July 27, 2020, 1:46am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I grew up in Louth & recall going to watch a pre season friendly I assume against Luton. Must have been 85? I stood by the players tunnel and as they came out I (naturally!) booed. Mick Harford glared at me so hard I thought I was actually going to drop a log in my own pants....
Later in life in that same ground, I scored the only goal of my illustrious playing career. An incredible 2 foot, back post tap in from a poorly defended corner. Not relevant, just thought I'd share....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 7
Eastendmariner
July 28, 2020, 5:13pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
I grew up in Louth and frequented all the local playing surfaces in my youth it was Louth Utd in those days and had a very good and respected set up its a shame that local parasite take away good facilities from local people for financial gain and leave nothing in it's place for the young and upcoming youth of the area . It seems it's happening more and more shameful

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What's going on at Louth Town FC?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.