The Yard Dog
June 26, 2020, 9:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from promotion plaice

League Two Agent Fees for each club, make of it what you will.

Latest figures released by the Football League for the period from February 1st  2019 to January 31st 2020.

1) Bradford City, £114,010
2) Salford City, £111,619
3) Scunthorpe United, £107,345
4) Plymouth Argyle, £81,537
5) Mansfield Town, £74,505
6) Northampton Town, £66,734
7) Grimsby Town, £62,226
8 ) Exeter City, 60,840
9) Leyton Orient, £53,928
10) Forest Green Rovers, £52,550
11) Colchester United, £52,014
12) Newport County, £51,740
13) Walsall, £47,122
14) Carlisle United, £41,106
15) Port Vale, £40,545
16) Cambridge United, £37,980
17) Stevenage, £33,355
18 ) Swindon Town, £28,818
19) Cheltenham Town, £26,133
20) Morecambe, £18,718
21) Crewe, £3,000
22) Oldham, £2,570
23) Crawley, £1,000
24) Macclesfield Town, £825

So in total League 2 clubs have lost £1,170,220 to agents.
Agents are controlling football and have to much power, over 1 million taken out of the game in league 2 alone.
How much is football in this country losing to agents, like someone said agents have many players on their books.
The agents at the top are creaming tens of millions of pounds from the football.

If I was in the FA (the FA must know this figure), I would want to know the exact figure that football agents were taking out football, then workout a way of stopping that money going out of football.

At the moment with the Cornavirus, the clubs are holding the upper hand, as they are going to be many players looking for clubs.
If the chairman of each club in the football league got together and made a pact to say that they will not deal with a player who has an agent acting on their behalf.

I don't know the number of players of out of contract, the figure could be over 1,000, with clubs redcuing the number of players on their books, they are going to be players without a club.

How many times have we heard an agent saying to a player "I can get you a better deal at", basically making contracts that players signed, not worth the paper they are written on.

Agents are running football and ruining it, this is the opportunity for football, to regain the power.

Or am I being silly, Agents have to much power now.

It will need someone with a big set of balls to finally make a stance and say enough is enough, were going to stop the gravy boat.

Anyway, keep safe.

UTMM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
pen penfras
June 26, 2020, 9:37am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from PB

We should take a long look at whatever Crewe are doing. To have such an excellent season by spending only £3k is brilliant work.

Crewe only signed one or two players. A lot of their team is from the academy and have been there for a long time.

Jolley wanted to sign expensive players, I guess that's why they had more expensive agents. Didn't really pay off, but I have a feeling Ollie will keep us towards the top of that list too
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
thefish
June 26, 2020, 9:55am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
The first thing I spotted was Scunthorpe!

3rd in agents fees to buy what looked like a very weak side!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Lincoln Mariner 56
June 26, 2020, 10:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from thefish
The first thing I spotted was Scunthorpe!

3rd in agents fees to buy what looked like a very weak side!

Probably paid them to get high earners out rather than players in 😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
arryarryarry
June 26, 2020, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Meza

i understand the need for agents by the players my biggest gripe is they aren't paid by the players, yet the club have to pay them.  Like using your analogy you dont hire a gardener and expect someone else to pay for his service, its the only job i know that someone else pays there wage.  Its wrong in my eyes.

Similar in a way to Employment Agencies, As the person who wrote out the cheques for these I have paid some eye watering amounts just to employ some mediocre staff and all because senior management couldn't be arsed to do the leg work in trying to find the right person for the job. When most footballers are aligned to agents then we have no choice but to deal with them whether we like it or not.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
June 26, 2020, 12:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from Bigdog

Absolutely old hat dog whistle twaddle you're talking here. It's up to the player if he wants an agent to represent him or not. Much like any one of us hiring a gardener or cleaner to do a few hours or using an employment agency to get work, estate agent to sell a house etc. The amount of football agents fees paid out, even though physically paid for by the club on the odd occasion, come out of whatever the gross wage or contractual demands are of the player. Believe it or not, helluva lot of players rely on their agents for a great many things so they can, you know, concentrate on what they do best, the playing football side of things, which is what most fans would want, isn't it? "Football agents are leeches" is a very derogatory term for a wide ranging group of people who are actually really valued by the players that hire them and are the ones that actually pay for their services. That 62k Town paid out would be in a footballer's pocket if there weren't any agents, not in the club's bank account. It represents how a deal is configured rather than additional cost.. But hey, stealing, talentless leeches and a few earn a lot more than they declare will play up to an ignorant and ill-informed Stone Age audience won't it?

You bit ha ha neanderthal man. Have a nice day xxx
Reply: 15 - 24
jock dock tower
June 26, 2020, 12:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Football agents are leeches. They provide nothing to the game and such money out of it. They exist because of the Bosman ruling and were used extensively to bring second rate foreign footballers into the UK rather than relying on local talent.

The Professional Footballer's Association needs to take  long hard look at itself, as such wage negotiations were always carried out on their behalf my those active in the union at each club. I doubt they carry out this function any more, preferring instead to pay the near £3 million salary of it's Chief Executive, Gordon Taylor. That he's still in this role at 75 years of age has always struck me as being his own personal fiefdom, rather than providing any decent services to it's members.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
June 26, 2020, 1:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from jock dock tower
Football agents are leeches. They provide nothing to the game and such money out of it. They exist because of the Bosman ruling and were used extensively to bring second rate foreign footballers into the UK rather than relying on local talent.

The Professional Footballer's Association needs to take  long hard look at itself, as such wage negotiations were always carried out on their behalf my those active in the union at each club. I doubt they carry out this function any more, preferring instead to pay the near £3 million salary of it's Chief Executive, Gordon Taylor. That he's still in this role at 75 years of age has always struck me as being his own personal fiefdom, rather than providing any decent services to it's members.

Excellent  points made. I whole heartedly agree. The PFA should negotiate and support those lower down the league
Gordon Taylor is as bad as any agent.
Reply: 17 - 24
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 26, 2020, 1:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from The Yard Dog

So in total League 2 clubs have lost £1,170,220 to agents.
Agents are controlling football and have to much power, over 1 million taken out of the game in league 2 alone.
How much is football in this country losing to agents, like someone said agents have many players on their books.
The agents at the top are creaming tens of millions of pounds from the football.

If I was in the FA (the FA must know this figure), I would want to know the exact figure that football agents were taking out football, then workout a way of stopping that money going out of football.

At the moment with the Cornavirus, the clubs are holding the upper hand, as they are going to be many players looking for clubs.
If the chairman of each club in the football league got together and made a pact to say that they will not deal with a player who has an agent acting on their behalf.

I don't know the number of players of out of contract, the figure could be over 1,000, with clubs redcuing the number of players on their books, they are going to be players without a club.

How many times have we heard an agent saying to a player "I can get you a better deal at", basically making contracts that players signed, not worth the paper they are written on.

Agents are running football and ruining it, this is the opportunity for football, to regain the power.

Or am I being silly, Agents have to much power now.

It will need someone with a big set of balls to finally make a stance and say enough is enough, were going to stop the gravy boat.

Anyway, keep safe.

UTMM

I suspect that the FA can do nothing about it because the agents are involved in a commercial transaction between a club and a player, the FA isn't involved. Players register with the FA through a club but the commercial arrangements between club and player are between them only. If they tried to intervene they would probably be hit with restriction of trade lawsuits.

Remember, a lot of managers use agents as well and some make money from using the same agent (or small number of agents) in transfer deals. There have been consistent rumours that certain managers have only signed players who are represented by one agent, often the same agent as the manager.

And even if agents were banned somehow, the minute a Messi or Pogba or Haaland or Lewandoski is offered to Man U, Chelsea or Man City with the caveat that an agent is involved they would ignore the 'ban' and just get on with it. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. And the fans wouldn't give a SH*T because their club had signed a great player.

We have an issue with it because it has such a big impact on or little club. As ever the clubs, administrators and fans in the EPL couldn't give a flying f*ck about football outside of the bubble.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 26, 2020, 1:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from 140067

Excellent  points made. I whole heartedly agree. The PFA should negotiate and support those lower down the league
Gordon Taylor is as bad as any agent.

If I was a player the PFA would be the last body on earth I would want to negotiate on my behalf. They are hopeless.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two Agent Fees

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.