2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Sigone
June 17, 2020, 9:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
won't make any difference to us, but will be interesting to see where he ends up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
June 18, 2020, 2:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
We can only dream

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
moosey_club
June 18, 2020, 5:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Sigone
won't make any difference to us, but will be interesting to see where he ends up.

You never know.....the boot will be on the other foot once the game opens up again.....it seems player power is on the wane in the lower leagues....he may just consider himself to be lucky to receive any offers at all...never mind one from a club that he knows already.

He may just be someone that the current situation suddenly brings him within our budget when maybe otherwise he wouldn't be.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
mimma
June 18, 2020, 9:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
There's a lot of very good experienced players looking for clubs now so maybe he will find himself under the radar of bigger clubs who will go for the "what we know" approach and not take a risk on a young player. You never know in football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
monkeyboy
June 19, 2020, 6:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
There is nothing saying Ollie would want him, maybe hes got some surprising irons in the fire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Les Brechin
June 19, 2020, 6:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from monkeyboy
There is nothing saying Ollie would want him, maybe hes got some surprising irons in the fire.

We don't want any Scunny rejects!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
fishboyUTM
June 20, 2020, 8:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
He never played under Ollie did he? I'm pretty sure he left as Ollie joined us. Personally, I feel for the lad who at 23 has barely played but he has been naive at Sunderland who have wasted his time and a good portion of his career. As a Sunderland lad, I can understand his reluctance to leave his home club but they've clearly never really wanted him.

He needs to be playing first team football from day one next season and he really should be playing at league one level at the minimum. He has class, a great left peg, although he missed a lot of development through not playing enough mens football. Personally, I would love to sign him, he has so much potential and is a proper footballler.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
HertsGTFC
June 20, 2020, 8:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from fishboyUTM
He never played under Ollie did he? I'm pretty sure he left as Ollie joined us. Personally, I feel for the lad who at 23 has barely played but he has been naive at Sunderland who have wasted his time and a good portion of his career. As a Sunderland lad, I can understand his reluctance to leave his home club but they've clearly never really wanted him.

He needs to be playing first team football from day one next season and he really should be playing at league one level at the minimum. He has class, a great left peg, although he missed a lot of development through not playing enough mens football. Personally, I would love to sign him, he has so much potential and is a proper footballler.

I think he played in the Mansfield game if I remember rightly and had one of his better games.

The thing is if we have to go back to playing in fro t of empty stadiums we may not be able to attract anyone released from bigger clubs as we’ll just be burning cash, that makes the likes of Robson a possibility, I’d much prefer Josh Benson on a season long loan instead though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
fishboyUTM
June 20, 2020, 11:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think he played in the Mansfield game if I remember rightly and had one of his better games.

The thing is if we have to go back to playing in fro t of empty stadiums we may not be able to attract anyone released from bigger clubs as we’ll just be burning cash, that makes the likes of Robson a possibility, I’d much prefer Josh Benson on a season long loan instead though.

Understand where you are coming from. Personally, I'd like both as I'm greedy! With a holding midfielder behind them. Jake Hessenthaler maybe! I'd prefer to sign out own players over loans though, although signing players of Benson's ability permanently may well be unlikely. Course, we have more pressing matters like surviving to worry about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
lew chaterleys lover
June 21, 2020, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I don't think we will play in empty stadiums as it isn't viable.

The virus is in retreat so I am expecting an announcement soon about a restart date with fans.

End of September would be ok if the virus continues to decline and other aspects of life return to normal.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ethan Robson Released

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.