Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So.............Macclesfield or Stevenage?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 265 Guests

So.............Macclesfield or Stevenage?

This thread currently has 4,061 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 10, 2020, 9:58pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Personally I believe that because the EFL are working out final league positions on average points per game, that because this season has been curtailed, Macclesfield have a much better, per se, points average earned from matches than Stevenage.

Stevenage have been consistently poor and clearly deserve to be relegated.

Obviously there is the matter of the points deductions for Macc, but I think that the points deductions in this case should be irrelevant this season and, like Bolton back in August, they should start next season on a minus points tally.

What is your take on it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Heisenberg
June 10, 2020, 10:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Personally I believe that because the EFL are working out final league positions on average points per game, that because this season has been curtailed, Macclesfield have a much better, per se, points average earned from matches than Stevenage.

Obviously there is the matter of the points deductions for Macc, but I think that the points deductions in this case should be irrelevant this season and, like Bolton back in August, they should start next season on a minus points tally.

What is your take on it?

Stevenage relegated, Macclesfield starting next season on -12, and Scunthorpe on -30 for just  being unpalatable. To everyone. Ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
moosey_club
June 10, 2020, 10:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226

What is your take on it?

As far as i am aware Macc have broken the rules this season, i think this latest is a repeat of a previous offence so they should be dealt with this season, otherwise their misconduct may well have given them an edge over other clubs this season which has helped them achieve their league position.
Take when they appointed Sol Campbell, profile raised, income raised...avoided the drop....but Campbell didn't get paid in full and most of the players had to beg and borrow to exist. ...meanwhile another club slipped into non league.  
They have effectedly cheated the system by not paying bills/ wages, they need to face the consequences ...unfortunately for the supporters.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted đŸ„ł
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
Poojah
June 11, 2020, 12:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
It’s an awkward one, this. Macclesfield’s players have faced repeated problems over pay this season, and yet have rallied to accrue a points total that would keep them comfortably in this league were it not for points deductions.

To relegate them despite that, thus triggering pay cuts for those under contract and forcing those not out of work hardly seems a fair way to deal with the situation. Yes, you punish the club, but even more so you punish the people the rules are fundamentally there protect.

Unless the EFL intends to underwrite the livelihoods of the Macc players that were already going through so much even before the word ‘coronavirus’ meant anything to any of us, they have to relegate those bra-checking cĂșnts from that plastic, North London shĂ­t town.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
aldi_01
June 11, 2020, 6:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They’ve broken the rules, cheated the system and have seemingly left their players out to dry in sooner respects...Macclesfield should go...

But

They, I believe, would’ve stayed up comfortably, the players aren’t to blame and one could even argue the only people with any credibility or the right to hold their head high is the players. Whilst I agree the club needs to face the consequences for its actions, as pointed out, that could severely impact on players, and to some extent the wider staff at the club.

If we’re talking on a putty football level then Stevenage go. They’re the worst side in the league and showed little sign of improving.

I appreciate people don’t particularly like Stevenage and so forth but it’s hard to argue that on a footballing level anything other than their relegation...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
pontoonlew
June 11, 2020, 7:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Personally if you said there were two relegation spaces I’d vote to relegate Stevenage twice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
buckstown
June 11, 2020, 8:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
Great question and tough to call. Think Stevenage have been rubbish all season and deserve to go, but Macclesfield have only got their points by spending above their income.
My instincts are that the EFL want rid of Macclesfield but I think they might choke and have no relegation to avoid the court case. Macc are threatening legal action which is very expensive, interesting that they couldn't muster the money  to pay their players though
Dump them both!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Posh Harry
June 11, 2020, 9:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,369
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Poojah
It’s an awkward one, this. Macclesfield’s players have faced repeated problems over pay this season, and yet have rallied to accrue a points total that would keep them comfortably in this league were it not for points deductions.

To relegate them despite that, thus triggering pay cuts for those under contract and forcing those not out of work hardly seems a fair way to deal with the situation. Yes, you punish the club, but even more so you punish the people the rules are fundamentally there protect.

Unless the EFL intends to underwrite the livelihoods of the Macc players that were already going through so much even before the word ‘coronavirus’ meant anything to any of us, they have to relegate those bra-checking cĂșnts from that plastic, North London shĂ­t town.

I would rather Stevenage go (even though it is just down the road from me) because they are just a horrible club. But Macclesfield have continued to break the rules despite warnings and punishments and there has to be a consequence to that otherwise it sets precedents for other clubs to do the same.

Macc have only 2 players on their books after they have released all of the others (I think they have offered extensions/new contracts to a handful), so the number effected from that point of view is minimal (although still a consideration). There are others to consider as well and it might result in some people being made redundant, but it’s like having a child who keeps breaking the rules you have set down as a parent, at some point they have to pay the consequence of not doing what they are asked to do.

Saying all that, it does also seem that the writing is on the wall and the EFL are doing all they can to get rid of macc to the national league. At that point they can wipe their hands of them and not have the continued hassle that I think they think they are going to get.

Sadly, until the club is sold it will never change, although I suspect that the most likely outcome is that they go out of business and come back some way down the pyramid as a Phoenix club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
The_Laughing_Mariner
June 11, 2020, 11:16am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Relegate Stevenage, give Macc a huge points deduction to start next season.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
sam gy
June 11, 2020, 2:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
I really, really don't want to have to go to Stevenage again next season.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
HertsGTFC
June 11, 2020, 4:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Relegate Stevenage, give Macc a huge points deduction to start next season.

Agree with thuis but also give Stevenage a 12 point deduction as they are @rseholes.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Boris Johnson
June 11, 2020, 4:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Stevenage for me...utter scum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
monkeyboy
June 11, 2020, 5:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
They need to make sure mac have the funds to even get through the first few games. If they can’t prove they can pay they should fold them before it causes problems later.
After all if it’s the same owner he isn’t gonna magic up funds from nowhere
Stevenage still go down tho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
TownSNAFU5
June 11, 2020, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
I am trying to “park” the Macc chronic mis-management, points deductions, and my very negative feelings towards Stevenage as a rotten club.

You are left with football and points gained. The 2 clubs are poles apart.  Macclesfield have gained a very respectable points total this season, despite many difficulties.

In contrast, Stevenage have finished a clear 92nd and have been dire, football-wise.

What would really stick in the throat if Macc were relegated is that Stevenage would have finished bottom and yet avoided relegation when the bottom 2 teams would have been relegated any other season.

No team should be that fortunate.  For that reason I would like Stevenage to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
wigworld
June 11, 2020, 6:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I agree Stevenage should be relegated, but I think Macclesfield should as well. It's not the first time players have not been paid, and I presume other staff at the club are not being paid either.
Relegate them both, and promote three from the conference. (Let the conference decide how they choose who comes up).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 21
ancientmariner54
June 11, 2020, 6:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -178
Gold Stars: 13
Relegate Macc ' cheats shouldn't prosper .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
Heisenberg
June 11, 2020, 8:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I am trying to “park” the Macc chronic mis-management, points deductions, and my very negative feelings towards Stevenage as a rotten club.

You are left with football and points gained. The 2 clubs are poles apart.  Macclesfield have gained a very respectable points total this season, despite many difficulties.

In contrast, Stevenage have finished a clear 92nd and have been dire, football-wise.

What would really stick in the throat if Macc were relegated is that Stevenage would have finished bottom and yet avoided relegation when the bottom 2 teams would have been relegated any other season.

No team should be that fortunate.  For that reason I would like Stevenage to go.

Wow, did even Bury manage more points than Stevenage? They must be well-sh#t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
IlkleyMariner
June 11, 2020, 9:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Think most of us want Stevenage correctly relegated.

That can only happen if Macclesfield can get out of the charge against them

That's the way rules work however disappointing

I do think that Macclesfield have been penalised twice, as their existing penalty has been increased by the points per game ruling
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
Eastendmariner
June 11, 2020, 10:43pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
It's got to Stevenage for me  been all over Europe searched etc but to have my Bra lifted and my underpants felt and my bag tipped out like some criminal is Unacceptable Stevanage giving it the big time Charlie approach like they are in the top flight Down you go

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Yoda
June 12, 2020, 11:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I can see six or seven clubs going bust in league 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
June 13, 2020, 12:04pm
Guest User
Both
Reply: 20 - 21
MuddyWaters
June 14, 2020, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Stevenage down, Macclesfield start next season with a sizeable points deduction and Scunny & Salford too for financial irregularities.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So.............Macclesfield or Stevenage?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.