3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
June 10, 2020, 12:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
I cannot see any reason why league 2 cannot restart in September/ October With the numbers of deaths falling daily (hopefully )
Why not recommence  league two with social distancing using every other seat season ticket holders buy there preferred seat but also allocated a socially distanced seat to use while restrictions are in force
The overspill from the popular stands go in the Osmond  
Season tickets holders only no visitors
Clubs only allowed to sell 50% of there seats No standing
Remove the idiotic alcohol rule so that you can buy a pint and drink it in your seat
Good behaviour is a condition of entry anyone not adhering to the rules loses their right to attend
Only my thoughts so please be kind lol
All games shown live for the benefit of opposition supporters and anybody unfortunately can’t afford the season ticket out lay
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
June 10, 2020, 1:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from crusty ole pie
I cannot see any reason why league 2 cannot restart in September/ October With the numbers of deaths falling daily (hopefully )
Why not recommence  league two with social distancing using every other seat season ticket holders buy there preferred seat but also allocated a socially distanced seat to use while restrictions are in force
The overspill from the popular stands go in the Osmond  
Season tickets holders only no visitors
Clubs only allowed to sell 50% of there seats No standing
Remove the idiotic alcohol rule so that you can buy a pint and drink it in your seat
Good behaviour is a condition of entry anyone not adhering to the rules loses their right to attend
Only my thoughts so please be kind lol
All games shown live for the benefit of opposition supporters and anybody unfortunately can’t afford the season ticket out lay

It would be a start and hopefully by then if we're still distancing it will be a metre and not two. Would need careful planning of how to get people around the ground and dealing with supporters who arrive 5 mins before kick off but they'll need to do something as this is going to be with us for a good while yet.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Heisenberg
June 10, 2020, 1:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
What we really need is games like Scunny and Bolton at home to be near the end of the season, and therefore reap the away gate receipts when we're allowed back inside grounds.  If they're early in the season we'll miss out on so much income, it will be devastating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
crusty ole pie
June 10, 2020, 1:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
The 3000 supporters waking to the ground is no different to the hoardes walking down the prom
Encourage people to get in early by allowing them to drink a pint in their seats
Most league 2 grounds are only 50% full
With the correct planning it could work and perhaps save a lot of clubs Financially
Big games eg Scunthorpe Bradford etc move back towards the end of season and hopefully we will be all vaccinated by then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Zmariner
June 10, 2020, 2:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Toilet throughput will need to improve if I am having a pint in my seat utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Ipswin
June 10, 2020, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Zmariner
Toilet throughput will need to improve if I am having a pint in my seat utm

What do you think the empty can is for?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
scrumble
June 10, 2020, 5:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

What do you think the empty can is for?

And then club can resell it as Carling

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
denni266
June 10, 2020, 6:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Next season will be about survival for most clubs and, not going for it big style, as funds will be at a premium with reduced fans in the grounds. It will of course benifit the bigger clubs with bigger capacity as they will take more cash in for home games. The only way i can see it being leveled is a cap of £xxxx being spent on players and wages to create a level playing field, Any thought on that ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 10, 2020, 10:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from scrumble

And then club can resell it as Carling

No......it wouldn't be warm enough
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
Mallyner
June 11, 2020, 9:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Unfortunately because the arthritis in my knees and ankles is so bad, I have had to let my season ticket go and although I have loved so much my years of attending the matches, unless a cure is found I can't see me going again.

I would gladly pay the full match fee to be able to watch every game home and away; and if this virus is going to be some time before it goes away, that might be a way of adding to club's funds.

Very few who have drank pints where they sit are not going to be able to wait up to 120 minutes for the toilet which will mean brushing past people.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Restart

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.