Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most bizarre incident at a Town match?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 272 Guests

Most bizarre incident at a Town match?

This thread currently has 11,265 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
April 22, 2020, 1:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Kris2
I remember a guy in the ponny having a seizure behind where me and my mates were sitting, was the first time that I'd seen one and was pretty scary at the time.

Was that when he got put on a stretcher by St John's ambulance and they were gonna run around the pitch to not stop the game.  Half of the pontoon was shouting at them to run across the pitch, while the other half were calling th ref to stop the game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 81
Mayaman
April 22, 2020, 1:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Perkins
Malcolm Partridge (cant remember who against) recieved a head injury and went off slightly concussed. When he came back on, head bandaged he looked like a bloody Sikh, and when he got the ball started running towards his own goal until his teamates stopped him. He went off.

Malcolm again, During a game he was playing a partridge landed on the pitch and started to run around, it was noted that the bird could run faster than Malcolm.

I was gonna write about the partridge but wasn't sure If i'd made it up or not.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 81
grimsby pete
April 22, 2020, 1:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
I was at the Boreham Wood game and those fans dressed as scousers were very funny,

One of them went to the toilet next to the seating area and the stewards decided to search him,

He took his shirt off then dropped his shorts    I could not see if he had anything on under his shorts but a women who was sat close to us went down to have a closer look,  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 81
KingstonMariner
April 22, 2020, 1:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
I was at the Boreham Wood game and those fans dressed as scousers were very funny,

One of them went to the toilet next to the seating area and the stewards decided to search him,

He took his shirt off then dropped his shorts    I could not see if he had anything on under his shorts but a women who was sat close to us went down to have a closer look,  

Wonder if it was Hants Mariner’s wife. Maybe she’d used her hairspray on those perms to help them keep their shairp.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 81
Mayaman
April 22, 2020, 2:59pm
Brandy Drinker
I was at Oxford away end on a beautiful sunny day.   Then it started chucking it down.  As there was no cover the Oxford fans were singing, "You're getting wet and we're not".  We replied with, "We're getting wet and you're not".  A number of town fans realised they could watch most of the match from the bog.  Our mood soon lifted when we scored with about 5 minutes to go but was dampened again when they equalised at the death.  The sun had come out so we legged it down the pub to dry out.

Went to see HCMC v Long Anh  about three years ago.  It was two all with about five mins to go. I usually wait until the final whistle but I was on my lonesome as my mates couldn't make it and I was tired so I started to make my way to the exit. HCMC got a penalty just as I was about to descend the stairs. The Long Anh players and coaching staff were in uproar. Accused the ref of being bought and walked off the pitch. They eventually came on for the penalty but the keeper turned his back on the taker.  3-2.  They restarted and kicked to a HCMC player who ran past 10 players the keeper ran out and did a forward roll. 4-2.  Kick-off and ditto. 5-2  Ref blew twenty minutes after the games should have finished.  It made the news in the USA.  They were all fined and some banned.  Long Anh got relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 81
Kris2
April 22, 2020, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Mayaman

Was that when he got put on a stretcher by St John's ambulance and they were gonna run around the pitch to not stop the game.  Half of the pontoon was shouting at them to run across the pitch, while the other half were calling th ref to stop the game.

I don't remember what happened afterwards. All I recall is hearing some guys behind trying to get the attention of a steward and turning around to see a guy having a seizure in his seat.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 81
The_Laughing_Mariner
April 22, 2020, 11:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
I was in The St John for many years.
One of the more bizarre things that happened was when we carried Dave Booth off with a knee injury.
It was an old canvas and two pole stretcher, and the canvas split from almost top to almost bottom and he had to wrap his arms and legs around the poles to stop himself from dropping through.  A bit Keystone cops, and it didn't help his knee

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 81
promotion plaice
April 22, 2020, 11:33pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
I was in The St John for many years.
One of the more bizarre things that happened was when we carried Dave Booth off with a knee injury.
It was an old canvas and two pole stretcher, and the canvas split from almost top to almost bottom and he had to wrap his arms and legs around the poles to stop himself from dropping through.  A bit Keystone cops, and it didn't help his knee

Brilliant  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 81
mimma
April 23, 2020, 1:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Can't remember who we were playing, but during our non league days one of the opposition players went down injured just before half time. Their trainer came on and had a look at him, then decided he wasn't hurt so left him on the ground. The player had to get up and limp off the pitch on his own and limp around the pitch to the tunnel, not getting any help or sympathy from any of his team mates or officials. He didn't get any sympathy from us either. The whole incident was bizarre, like something from Monty Python.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 81
barralad
April 23, 2020, 8:08am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from mimma
Can't remember who we were playing, but during our non league days one of the opposition players went down injured just before half time. Their trainer came on and had a look at him, then decided he wasn't hurt so left him on the ground. The player had to get up and limp off the pitch on his own and limp around the pitch to the tunnel, not getting any help or sympathy from any of his team mates or officials. He didn't get any sympathy from us either. The whole incident was bizarre, like something from Monty Python.

Kidderminster I think...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most bizarre incident at a Town match?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.