Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,403 views. Print
347 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
March 9, 2020, 1:15pm
Guest User
Do you think that someone aged 74 (me), should self isolate?
Reply: 60 - 3468
Marinerz93
March 9, 2020, 1:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 123614

I think anyone over 70 and has other health issues should consider taking extra precautions in their daily life. If out and about wear gloves if you can, this will prevent you touching other surfaces that may be contaminated and transferring that to your eyes or mouth. You could wrap a scarf around your neck and mouth, instead of a face mask or you could make one out of a kitchen towel.

From training for 22 years to work in NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) environments, basic hygiene was the main training point in every exercise. Followed by decontamination, as yet the only decontamination procedures is following basic hygiene.

The only ones who should self isolate is those whose health is in a really poor condition or if you are showing symptoms of the virus. Don't stop the media frenzy over this stop you from enjoying your retirement.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 3468
March 9, 2020, 1:34pm
Guest User
Thanks for that advice, I did some NBC training in the Army, but not 22 years worth
Reply: 62 - 3468
rancido
March 9, 2020, 1:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,616
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Ipswin

I've collected red Xs for this for some reason. Unless folk have devised another way of opening the exit door from a public toilet (using their teeth perhaps) then it's unavoidable that you need to use your newly washed hand to grasp a handle previously held by some twit who has had a excrement or urine and bypassed the washing facitlity on his way out.

I imagine you collected the red crosses because your reply intimated that you don't wash your hands after  going to  the toilet.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 3468
gobby
March 9, 2020, 1:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Marinerz93

I think anyone over 70 and has other health issues should consider taking extra precautions in their daily life. If out and about wear gloves if you can, this will prevent you touching other surfaces that may be contaminated and transferring that to your eyes or mouth. You could wrap a scarf around your neck and mouth, instead of a face mask or you could make one out of a kitchen towel.

From training for 22 years to work in NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) environments, basic hygiene was the main training point in every exercise. Followed by decontamination, as yet the only decontamination procedures is following basic hygiene.

The only ones who should self isolate is those whose health is in a really poor condition or if you are showing symptoms of the virus. Don't stop the media frenzy over this stop you from enjoying your retirement.

Not bad going Dave, 22 years in a hotel is pretty impressive!😂😂😎
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 3468
GYinScuntland
March 9, 2020, 1:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from BenBB

Better than leaving your drink to get spiked or stolen/taken away.

I'm usually minesweeping after 9pm anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 3468
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2020, 1:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 123614

Self-isolation is generally meant to protect others. I.e. self-isolate if you have symptoms that might mean you have Corona virus, or if you've been somewhere high risk.

But if none of that applies, carry on and enjoy life. Just take sensible precautions to protect yourself.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 3468
March 9, 2020, 1:46pm
Guest User
I know the lab manager for virology/serology at Nlag mico.just take advice from PHE. It'll minimise but not eliminate risk.  
Reply: 67 - 3468
rancido
March 9, 2020, 1:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,616
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from aldi_01

You mean it reflects badly on society that someone would steal a drink?

Wanting to protect what you have is no different to locking your car for instance...if you’ve spent 5/6quid on a drink then  it’s understandable.

Basic hygiene is simply that but if people can’t be arsed then that’s on them I’m afraid. The bloke takes his drink to the bog because it may get swiped, that’s on society, not the person protecting their purchase...

Regardless of the reasons it is still very unhygienic to take drinks into a toilet. This whole coronovirus outbreak stems from dubious hygienic conditions in a seafood factory.
It's easy to take this "if people can't be arsed then that's on them" attitude until one of your nearest and dearest falls foul of some virus passed on by the others.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 3468
Perkins
March 9, 2020, 1:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Unfortunately at the moment some people and especially the media seem more concerned about the economy, business, and the fall in the stock market.
If the outbreak is going to be as serious at some time in the near future as some are predicting,  then being an island it should be reletavely easy to contain by stoppin all flights, ferries etc coming in and going out except for essential supplies that we import.
I'm in my 70's with an underlying health problem, but to be honest all i can do is use common sense and follow what advice the medical profession give out.
After the worst bout of flu ever in January (six days in bed) im now quite wary of where i go, but, if i contract the virus and kark it, well so be it at my age you realise you cant live forever.
But i still think we are a way off having death carts on the streets pullrd by hooded men shouting "bring out yer dead".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 3468
347 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.