November 30, 2019, 9:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Alfie
I'm told Shutes has never even been to a Town game

How would people know if he has or has not? is there somebody who watches every single person at every single game? the fact is if he went to our next game the vast majority of people would not recognise him as Tom Shutes and if he went to a game last season before his name become known around here nobody would have recognised him as he would have only been a random face in the crowd.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 79
golfer
November 30, 2019, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 117
How many millionaires  who are football fans would sensibly invest in G.T. unless they were specifically a G.T. fan. JSF invested only because he was a G.T. fanatic. Not many out there even those who think they could get a return on their outlay.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 79
LH
November 30, 2019, 9:23am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Alfie

He might post on here then if you listen to some people’s opinion on Fishy posters.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 79
Heisenberg
November 30, 2019, 9:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Davec

How would people know if he has or has not? is there somebody who watches every single person at every single game? the fact is if he went to our next game the vast majority of people would not recognise him as Tom Shutes and if he went to a game last season before his name become known around here nobody would have recognised him as he would have only been a random face in the crowd.

He’s probably admitted it to someone on the board and it’s got out that way. It seems completely plausible to me that he’s never been before - we didn’t even hear that he went to Stamford Bridge to see town, let alone come up here for a game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 79
Vance Warner
November 30, 2019, 10:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,821
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from Alfie

The current owner has been to loads of games and look how that's worked out. I actually hope that Shutes is interested in the wider regeneration of the town and the role the football club can play in that. I don't care if he knows anything about football, a sensible owner with some self awareness would appoint someone else to run the club anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 79
Ipswin
November 30, 2019, 11:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I think the main problem here, as well as money, is that Shutes is mainly interested in the regeneration of the town which may include the football club as merely a small part of it.
We really need someone who wants to own GTFC for itself rather than just a stadium which will be part of or even centre piece of an overall town plan.
Fenty is right not to simply hand it over until he is 100% sure. I don't think Shutes has the money (not just to pay Fenty but to fulfill his grand plan) and certainly does not have the football club's interest at the front of his mind.
If he was that keen to regenerate the town he'd have sent a bulldozer into East Marsh already

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 79
GrimRob
November 30, 2019, 11:16am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Problem is how many people are there out there who have the money, time and long-term commitment. We'd all love a millionaire who spent his childhood on the Pontoon and is willing to invest a big chunk of his time running a football club. But is there more than one out there?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 79
golfer
November 30, 2019, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Davec

In the LULL of EXCITEMENT during Towns home games I sometime count the crowd. I have counted the crowd at the last 53 home games and know every bodies face off by heart. He has never been.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 79
denni266
November 30, 2019, 5:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I realy cannot see the point in having a new tin mish stadium with no soul and nothing in, under, by it to bring money in to the club so we do not have to rely on just gate money. And i thought that was a big part of having a new ground.. So many times it has been said that freemo is not a big enough site for what we need to generate funds.. I am not against freemo, but i fail to see how it will make us any better off. no one is going to come in and throw money at us . we need better training areas not the ploggers type thing we have now . we need to own in built shops  restaurants , leisure facilitys etc to generate cash or it is a waste of time in my view.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty on proposed Shutes takover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.