Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatthefuckisgoingon?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 236 Guests

Whatthefuckisgoingon?

This thread currently has 17,907 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
November 11, 2019, 4:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Thing is I don't think all the players were sure of the formation we were playing.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 121
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2019, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
I'll gladly admit that I was keen to see Green play in a 2 with Hanson rather than wide in a 3 but, for the life of me, I can't understand what's happened to him. He scored a worldy at Chelsea but ever since seems to have spent large parts of games disinterested or falling over - I'm sure he's trying hard but are we beginning to see why he wasn't even getting a start in the National League last season?

What concerns me more than anything is the number of times our players turn to the bench for instructions. We're not playing FIFA FFS - surely there's a plan discussed in training and everyone knows their role - it does seem that if they forget Plan A then Plan B is hoof it in the general direction of Hanson.

Not for the first time in recent seasons, we appear happy to miss out midfield - which is criminal because Hess & Robson are decent footballers, though I'm unsure about the rest, particularly Whitehouse who looks like he is still suffering from the aftermath of his injury.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 121
grimsby pete
November 11, 2019, 4:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Of course a poor budget is a reason for a poor standard of football. Of course some managers can get more out of the resources available than others. If Jolley is as shite as a lot of you are saying, why do you think we didn’t recruit a better manager? And why do you think we will recruit a better one now?

Spin the wheel. Waste a bit more time and money.

We have missed the bus again KM  Sol has gone to Southend.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 121
lew chaterleys lover
November 11, 2019, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Of course a poor budget is a reason for a poor standard of football. Of course some managers can get more out of the resources available than others. If Jolley is as shite as a lot of you are saying, why do you think we didn’t recruit a better manager? And why do you think we will recruit a better one now?

Spin the wheel. Waste a bit more time and money.

We have this debate most seasons about when to change a below par manager.

I think in this case, we have given him all the time he should be allowed. He has had the time to completely change the squad, who should all be playing out of their skins because they are all "his" players.

There is no sign whatever of any improvements - all we have done is change nearly the complete squad for no discernable improvement, either in performances or results.

I think the killer result was Mansfield at home which seems to have killed the season stone dead; we had a great result the week before, Mansfield were having an horrendous time of it and we never made the keeper make a save. The manager and players should have been going full pelt at that game but we were tame, tepid and had no will to deliver a killer blow.

Since then it has gone from bad to worse, we don't know the first 11, we don't know the formation. I think he has been overtaken by his computer stats instead of footballing common sense in playing your best 11 week in week out and the same formation so some continuity could take hold.

Whatever the starting 11/formation it is the lack of a will to win that gets my goat; getting everybody behind the ball all the time is not a will to win, it is admitting defeat. There are very few hard tackles, very few do or die moments, very little fire or excitement to get the crowd going.

This manager seems to have gone the way of all the others - very enthusiastic at the start and plenty of compliments about our history etc - but then it all falls flat. Perhaps this particular oil tanker cannot be turned round.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 121
chaos33
November 11, 2019, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,978
Gold Stars: 361
A fair summary I think.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 121
golfer
November 11, 2019, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Spot on L.C.L. - the guy doesn't realise  that if you have players upfield the other team has to have players back marking them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 121
Ipswin
November 11, 2019, 8:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

We have missed the bus again KM  Sol has gone to Southend.  

Neil Warnock is free as of today!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 121
MuddyWaters
November 11, 2019, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Ipswin

He would shake things up!
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 121
Ipswin
November 11, 2019, 8:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He would shake things up!

You are not kidding! Half of 'em would be out on their arses in a week (and JSF too probably)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 121
grimsby pete
November 11, 2019, 8:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Ipswin

I am old enough to remember Neil signing for the Scunts as a winger.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 121
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whatthefuckisgoingon?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.