5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 11, 2019, 1:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
It makes you wonder if people throw coins because they can’t get their hands on a steady supply of bottle tops.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
supertown
August 11, 2019, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It makes you wonder if people throw coins because they can’t get their hands on a steady supply of bottle tops.

it was originally fizzy drink bottles because if you shake it really hard for a while it becomes a serious weapon to throw with the build up of pressure inside . Seems to have now leaked to all bottles ‘just in case’
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
AussieMariner
August 11, 2019, 7:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from moosey_club

It's not the tops that's the problem...a full bottle with the lid on makes an effective impact weapon...slung from the upper would have one hell of an impact by the time it hit someone below.

Hope this isn’t another Waterfall thread....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
GYinScuntland
August 11, 2019, 9:09pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I think a plastic bottle with it’s lid on should be fine, considering you can take a flask in. A bit of common sense with safety is needed, I can’t remember the last time anyone lobbed anything out of the upper and the risk is minimal.

Just another example of how we've been conditioned to accept any old balderdash just because we're football fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
Grantham_Mariner
August 11, 2019, 10:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,196
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I’ve just sent a tweet to the SLO account asking why yesterday when I bought a bottle of water from the kiosk that serves the Upper the caterers took the top off it.

I know this is one of the silly actions often taken for away supporters not sure if it should be applied to middle aged home STH though🤔

I await a response.....

I was told that it was just for the Bradford game by a 'senior' steward. I hope he was right.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
KingstonMariner
August 11, 2019, 11:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

With the spread of contactless and increasing use of things like Apple Pay, there aren't so many coins around now so Nick Dale is going to ban phones and bank cards.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
jamesgtfc
August 12, 2019, 1:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from KingstonMariner

With the spread of contactless and increasing use of things like Apple Pay, there aren't so many coins around now so Nick Dale is going to ban phones and bank cards.

[url]https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/gary-lineker-hull-city-text-3198187[/url]

This sounds like something we would do!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
Gaffer58
August 12, 2019, 4:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from jamesgtfc

[url]https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/gary-lineker-hull-city-text-3198187[/url]

Heard this on the news, though it strange to that there was a plain clothes undercover policeman in the ground, on that fact could that suspicions gentlemen sat next to me be checking if I had a hidden flask of bovril?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
TownSNAFU5
August 12, 2019, 5:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
If the Club are giving change for soft drinks, and keeping tops, could it be construed that they are officially providing ammunition that could be used as weapons? (Mainly tongue in cheek).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
FishOutOfWater
August 12, 2019, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Chance would be a fine thing.... once I'm in the ground my phone never seems to work for messaging  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slo

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.