Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dogs welcome?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 264 Guests

Dogs welcome?

This thread currently has 7,383 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 26, 2019, 10:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

"Dogs" one of my favourite tracks of all time......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaF4kuxJco

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
moss_side_mariner
May 27, 2019, 12:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
A.l.f.
May 27, 2019, 10:54am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Wes Thomas girlfriend took her dog in at Yeovil away last season, but there was no charge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Marinerz93
May 27, 2019, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from snoopsgtfc
Despite some serious negativity on my recent posts I will not be silenced by name callers and delinquents.
Another fantastic, club assisting idea I have had is to have a dog friendly section. In fact, we could have a costume contest and encourage dogs to dress in the GY stripes (potentially horizontal if my other ideas get taken on board). This will also boost morale as last season wasn’t brilliant and frankly Ben Pringle won’t be back now he is league one so congratulations to GTFC for losing that gem).
My dogs has coincidentally already won such a contest (although I dressed him as a sailor so maybe that could link with Youngs?) so I would be happy to give some ideas on the costume front.
Anyway, the players don’t really need that size pitch so I think sectioning off a bit of the grass for the dogs to have a play would be a great idea. Then people wouldn’t have to worry about leaving their dogs for the day while the go and watch. Which would probably bring in a few more spectators – I have noticed the turn out has been a little thin lately – this could be related to lack of available snacks that’s certainly an issue I’ve experienced! (don’t even sell sandwiches there!)
We could also charge people a pound or two to bring their dogs along, this will make some more money for the frankly cash strapped team.
If this is a successful idea we could look at launching other pet friendly schemes at the grounds (multipurpose use such as dog agility).
So just to recap because certain members of this forum seem to find change frightening and also confusing….
Fans can bring along their pet dogs.
This will earn the club some much needed money (and probably publicity).
This could open up some more uses for the pitch – it’s off season now what is it even being used for?
Potential dog costume contests to again boost morale and add a bit of fun (and if we played anything like last season I’d rather be watching the dogs).

[img]https://i.imgur.com/AEqqhYv.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
golfer
May 27, 2019, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Makes a change talking about dogs instead of asking when J.S.F. is going to sell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
golfer
May 27, 2019, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
When's JSF going to sell ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Grimsby2012
May 27, 2019, 5:39pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
I agree. Let's dogs in. People with autism or mental health issues benefit from emotional support dogs. This will be vital for some people who can't get to town games but could if they had an emotional support dog

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
hheh2
May 27, 2019, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Macclesfield have ducks.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
golfer
May 27, 2019, 5:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Phil Neville has birds.   End of subject.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Fishbone
May 27, 2019, 6:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from golfer
Makes a change talking about dogs instead of asking when J.S.F. is going to sell

JSF sells dogs too?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dogs welcome?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.