KingstonMariner
April 27, 2019, 3:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

If you bothered to read my posts then I have never claimed to be a fan of JF or a Fentyista. He has made many mistakes and to be fair to the man he has admitted it .He is very limited in his approach on running a football club and he seems to think it's like running a factory with an end product that goes to a third party. He is probably quite adept at controlling the finances and reducing overheads. Unfortunately the whole football industry is totally different. It's one thing buying equipment to do a specific job ie a filleting machine and employ people who can run it. The machine has a fixed, proven capacity and an operative can be taught to run it properly to achieve a known output. Footballers and football managers are not machines .They have good days, bad days and indifferent ones. Your manager is also a variable quantity - does well at one site but not at others. I don't think JF has fully grasped this and I think a lot of his decisions reflect this. fact I'm on record on this site as frequently saying I want him out. That doesn't mean I am not allowed to defend him on some issues. The problem is that attitudes on this site are very polarised and it seems to be the case that you either hate  him or support him.

That's precisely my point. You are always quick to jump to his defence. You make a criticism here sure - almost begrudgingly.

Let's take another tack and get away from taking sides. Would you:
(a) Leave things as they are; or
(b) Try to help find a way to improve matters?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 298
golfer
April 27, 2019, 3:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from KingstonMariner

People don't hate people who support JSF for the sake of it. If they do it's because a lot of them like you make statements like the one I underlined. Your contempt for other people is what provokes it.

Reading some of the things that you have said I would presume that you are in the final stages of being ordained. It is not contempt but pity.

Nasty people with no brains  12             Nice people with commonsense  14 [J.S.F.'s side]    might as well stoop to your level

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 298
MuddyWaters
April 27, 2019, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236

That's precisely my point. You are always quick to jump to his defence. You make a criticism here sure - almost begrudgingly.

Things have been run pretty much the same way for years - how can anyone expect anything to improve/change if the same tired process isn’t working?
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 298
Marinerz93
April 27, 2019, 5:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We've just lost to a team who were bottom, we have allegedly one of the lowest budgets in this league, times up Sheldon, take your anchor of dead weight benign debt with you and lets see who take this club forward instead of wadding through the mud going nowhere.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 298
rancido
April 27, 2019, 5:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96

I want things to change but as for helping that to happen then my options are very limited. If I had the money then I could buy JF out , but I haven't so I can't. I could keep banging on about how he should go but somehow I don't think that would make any difference . I could make a conscious decision to not renew my ST and stop going to BP but that just hurts the club and could be instrumental in the club's further demise. Maybe you have a sensible suggestion as to how I , as an individual , can help things change? All suggestions will be considered.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 298
April 27, 2019, 5:22pm
Guest User
I think recent managers performances with what they have available just prove what a great manager hurst was
Reply: 295 - 298
Gaffer58
April 27, 2019, 5:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 139847
I think recent managers performances with what they have available just prove what a great manager hurst was

Let's not get back to how great Hurst was, we all know his record with us, most conference level, I know he was a success, eventually.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 298
lew chaterleys lover
April 27, 2019, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from rancido

I want things to change but as for helping that to happen then my options are very limited. If I had the money then I could buy JF out , but I haven't so I can't. I could keep banging on about how he should go but somehow I don't think that would make any difference . I could make a conscious decision to not renew my ST and stop going to BP but that just hurts the club and could be instrumental in the club's further demise. Maybe you have a sensible suggestion as to how I , as an individual , can help things change? All suggestions will be considered.

I think it depends on what you think a forum is for.

I dont expect any of my ramblings to be acted upon, to be taken up by the board, to instigate change or turn us into world beaters. I am just chatting like I would down the pub, grumbling that things could be so much better. It is football gossip, a moan, maybe a suggestion (though none have been taken up thus far) and the euphoria of a win and despair at a loss.

I bet none of us are in a position to change things at BP. If we could we would, as you say. Of course Fenty knows this which is why he gives us no credence. Well-heeled business people are the only ones with any chance of reclaiming our club from Fenty, if they are prepared to stump up the money for his failure. They won't, so on we go hurtling towards another tilt at the Conference.
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 298
rancido
April 27, 2019, 6:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96

I think it depends on what you think a forum is for.

I dont expect any of my ramblings to be acted upon, to be taken up by the board, to instigate change or turn us into world beaters. I am just chatting like I would down the pub, grumbling that things could be so much better. It is football gossip, a moan, maybe a suggestion (though none have been taken up thus far) and the euphoria of a win and despair at a loss.

I bet none of us are in a position to change things at BP. If we could we would, as you say. Of course Fenty knows this which is why he gives us no credence. Well-heeled business people are the only ones with any chance of reclaiming our club from Fenty, if they are prepared to stump up the money for his failure. They won't, so on we go hurtling towards another tilt at the Conference.

Exactly my point. A forum is for airing views, having a moan and exchanging opinions. The thing is that in some posters eyes if you say anything that doesn't lambast JF ( or heaven forbid, give him a little credit for something ) then you must be supporting him. Until JF goes and another regime comes in then , as you realise , we are walking a tricky path.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 298
30 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.