Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where will we finish next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 250 Guests

Where will we finish next season ?
Automatically promoted
Promoted through the play-offs
Finish just above mid table
Finish just below mid table
Just escape relegation
Relegated
  View Results 111 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Where will we finish next season ?

This thread currently has 5,752 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
April 2, 2019, 9:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
I don’t think anyone can really predict how we’re going to do next season before we’ve got any idea who’s going to be playing for us ffs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
diehardmariner
April 3, 2019, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I've absolutely no idea where we'll finish.  

We don't even know which out of contract players Jolley will keep, never mind who he'll bring in.

I do think that the expectation will be Top 7, Top 10 at a minimum from the fan base at large though.  Getting out of jail last season effectively gave Jolley a free pass this season.  We were mainly happy to write this year off as one where we could build and get some solid foundations in for the following season.  Next season the appetite (from both fans and probably the boardroom) will be for something to really cheer about.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
KingstonMariner
April 3, 2019, 11:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from diehardmariner
I've absolutely no idea where we'll finish.  

We don't even know which out of contract players Jolley will keep, never mind who he'll bring in.

I do think that the expectation will be Top 7, Top 10 at a minimum from the fan base at large though.  Getting out of jail last season effectively gave Jolley a free pass this season.  We were mainly happy to write this year off as one where we could build and get some solid foundations in for the following season.  Next season the appetite (from both fans and probably the boardroom) will be for something to really cheer about.

We've not got many but there's more than 2  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
RonMariner
April 5, 2019, 10:50am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,795
Gold Stars: 226
The younger players like Rose, Clifton, Vernam, Pollock and Wright will have another year under their belt. Whitehouse will be fit. I assume we will make a few signings in close season that bring in better quality.

Thus it seems reasonable to suggest we will be better next season than this. But it looks like we will end this season mid table at best, having demonstrated terrible inconsistency.

So slightly better than that points towards top half of the table, but it's impossible to say if that means top seven or not.  Depends on how much we spend in the summer. Keeping Dennis and getting the best out of him could make all of the difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Ipswin
April 5, 2019, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
We seem to be expecting a lot of Whitehouse and he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. He might be crap FFS

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where will we finish next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.