Davec
February 24, 2019, 9:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from pizzzza

Hits the nail on the head. All too very cosy for me. References to "Keyboard Warriors" and "Fishy Friends" do little to endear the board or the Trust to supporters. Didn't Rudrum resign from being chairman of the Trust due to name calling of supporters? He is still doing it and he is still there.

That's another reason why I won't become a member of the trust.

They do not hold much sway in the boardroom which is evidenced when the board backed Russell Slade and the trust released a statement saying by the time Jon Wood could voice his opinion the decision had already been made so his views were ignored

The chair of the trust is Alan Rutter who before coming chairman of the trust went to the forums and told everybody how succesful we have been with John Fenty at the helm, him and Fenty go back a long way so Rutter is naturally going to side a lot for Fenty. Terry Rudrum still a key member of the trust despite the fact he was rude and abusive to a fan when they sent the Mariners Trust a question and guess what? He used to be employed by the club and him and Fenty go back a long way... we all saw Terry Rudrum's attitude to fans who challenge the club when he called them "Keyboard warriors".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 153
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2019, 10:23am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Davec

They do not hold much sway in the boardroom which is evidenced when the board backed Russell Slade and the trust released a statement saying by the time Jon Wood could voice his opinion the decision had already been made so his views were ignored

The chair of the trust is Alan Rutter who before coming chairman of the trust went to the forums and told everybody how succesful we have been with John Fenty at the helm, him and Fenty go back a long way so Rutter is naturally going to side a lot for Fenty. Terry Rudrum still a key member of the trust despite the fact he was rude and abusive to a fan when they sent the Mariners Trust a question and guess what? He used to be employed by the club and him and Fenty go back a long way... we all saw Terry Rudrum's attitude to fans who challenge the club when he called them "Keyboard warriors".

All the more reason to join Aaron and vote these people out (assuming others stand for office). We get the trust we deserve. Stand on the sidelines whinging and nothing changes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 153
Helgy
February 24, 2019, 11:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
You have to get involved to change things,  I have joined Lincolns trust board and that's been a massive step for me.
They also  used to sit there moaning about messageboard comments and that just alienated themselves from the fans.
Just get involved change it to what it should be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 153
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2019, 12:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Davec

I think you've either got to get involved to effect change or rise above it.

If some have got a dinosaur mentality to forums and social media, then you will struggle to change it. The Fishy allows many fans the opportunity to air their opinions on all things GTFC, we are no different to other fans who don't use social media - we're all Town aren't we?
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 153
barralad
February 24, 2019, 1:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,298
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Davec

I'll probably regret this but here goes...
The events leading up to Russell Slade's eventual departure were in my personal opinion a watershed in the relationship between the club and the Trust. Out of it came the survey with those who completed it sending a very clear message to the Trust about the future direction of the relationship. This gave the Trust extra support in going back to the club seeking to strengthen the place of the Trust in the life of GTFC . Out of these discussions came the recently agreed M.O.U. which puts The Mariners Trust in a great position to move forward- a position lots of Trusts in this country are envious of. Yes the discussions were more protracted than hoped for but instrumental in those discussions in addition to Jon Wood and Dave Roberts were the two people mentioned above. Call me old-fashioned  but I fail totally to understand how the Trust using the skills of people who have previously worked for or with the football club is necessarily a bad thing. Terry has an insight into the workings of GTFC that makes him invaluable in discussions relating to the match day experience and most Town fans must be aware of Alan's previous role!
Every one has the capacity to make mistakes (yes even you Aaron). Terry resigned from his role as Chair in recognition of his. Alan has not to my knowledge made any such mistakes but appears to be damned by a mythical closeness to J.F. and the Board which I 've yet to see any proof of its detriment to the role of the Trust in representing its members.
For me there is a clear choice for people:- to either support the efforts being made to move the club/Trust relationship forward or carry on dwelling in the past (horrible though that may have been) and moaning about it on here from the outside.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 153
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2019, 1:31pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I'll probably regret this but here goes...
The events leading up to Russell Slade's eventual departure were in my personal opinion a watershed in the relationship between the club and the Trust. Out of it came the survey with those who completed it sending a very clear message to the Trust about the future direction of the relationship. This gave the Trust extra support in going back to the club seeking to strengthen the place of the Trust in the life of GTFC . Out of these discussions came the recently agreed M.O.U. which puts The Mariners Trust in a great position to move forward- a position lots of Trusts in this country are envious of. Yes the discussions were more protracted than hoped for but instrumental in those discussions in addition to Jon Wood and Dave Roberts were the two people mentioned above. Call me old-fashioned  but I fail totally to understand how the Trust using the skills of people who have previously worked for or with the football club is necessarily a bad thing. Terry has an insight into the workings of GTFC that makes him invaluable in discussions relating to the match day experience and most Town fans must be aware of Alan's previous role!
Every one has the capacity to make mistakes (yes even you Aaron). Terry resigned from his role as Chair in recognition of his. Alan has not to my knowledge made any such mistakes but appears to be damned by a mythical closeness to J.F. and the Board which I 've yet to see any proof of its detriment to the role of the Trust in representing its members.
For me there is a clear choice for people:- to either support the efforts being made to move the club/Trust relationship forward or carry on dwelling in the past (horrible though that may have been) and moaning about it on here from the outside.....

Don't see why you would regret that at all Barra.

You're engaging with disaffected fans wherethey are. Much better than bemoaning 'keyboard warriors'. Don't always see eye to eye with you but you are always willing to discuss things.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 153
MarinerDevil
February 24, 2019, 1:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from KingstonMariner

All the more reason to join Aaron and vote these people out (assuming others stand for office). We get the trust we deserve. Stand on the sidelines whinging and nothing changes.

So when do the Trust board members stand for re-election?  Is there anyone willing to stand on a platform of reduced cooperation?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 153
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2019, 1:39pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MarinerDevil

So when do the Trust board members stand for re-election?  Is there anyone willing to stand on a platform of reduced cooperation?  

Not sure how frequent it is but there are elections. Look it up on the Trust website. Why not stand yourself.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 153
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2019, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

Not wanting to dwell in the past but if you'll allow me to go back as far as Tuesday night, the disparaging use of the term 'keyboard warriors' from at least one member of the Trust board is hardly encouraging us to join is it?
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 153
MarinerDevil
February 24, 2019, 1:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Not sure how frequent it is but there are elections. Look it up on the Trust website. Why not stand yourself.

There isn't much info about scheduled elections, just an invitation to enquire about joining.  It's quite obvious that many people don't know how appointments are made to the board so I was hoping someone with that knowledge could share it.  I'd love to get involved with the club one day but as I'm only in my early 20s I'm not sure that I could offer much experience.  Plus I couldn't hope to find the free time to be useful.  Would be happy to help with fundraising though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 153
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Open Evening

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.