Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More news...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 228 Guests

More news...

This thread currently has 7,265 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 16, 2018, 10:00pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Who gives a fook about the fitness coach ? I’d never heard of him or knew he was part of the staff till this week

If you haven't heard of him it means he's not important then?  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.Β Β 
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 32
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2018, 10:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Teesknees
The following players from the 72 squad will be at the match tomorrow according to the main site

Dave Boylen
Harry Wainman
Bobby Ross
Owen Simpson
Mike Czuzman
Phil Hubbard
Alan Woodward
Stuart Gray
Neil Freeman
Clive Wiggington
Ian Turner
Jim Lumley
Mike Hickman

Wish I'd known about this before. That list is pretty much why I'm on this site, 46 years on, 200 miles away, still following.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2018, 10:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Wish I'd known about this before. That list is pretty much why I'm on this site, 46 years on, 200 miles away, still following.

You never lose it Chris πŸ™‚

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s styleΒ Β 
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2018, 11:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You never lose it Chris πŸ™‚

Well, to be honest I had a few years off in the late 70s-82. For my own warped teenaged reasons. Probably missed our best ever era since the 30s!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
crusty ole pie
November 17, 2018, 12:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Shame we have not got the big man there Lawie mac
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
louth_in_the_south
November 17, 2018, 6:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GrimRob

If you haven't heard of him it means he's not important then?  

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ it def sounds that way reading the post back . Amazing what a few beers can make you sound like . Worthy of a lot of red x’s .

But no he not important. Didn’t have all these fitness coaches back in my day etc etc ......πŸ˜‰

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
Teesknees
November 17, 2018, 8:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
On the subject of players past, there was a good interview with Tony Ford on the OS this week, I haven't seen it mentioned on here. He was talking about his career and he came acoss really well.. There was some footage of a couple of games involving Tony and the good team of that era, it showed a couple of meaty tackles, including a friendly one by Sir R Cumming, but what was noticable was the fact that the players tackled just got up and ran off, no rolling around on the floor if they'd been shot and no mass gathering around the ref trying to induce a sending off etc.
There was also some brief footage of Fred "How" Dineage interveiwing the players on the pitch after possibly beating Sheff Utd to win promotion.. that's only a guess.. there was no soundtrack.. but just thought if that type of footage still exists it would be good to see it in its entirety... it's good to reminisce to a better time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
ginnywings
November 17, 2018, 8:50am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Teesknees
The following players from the 72 squad will be at the match tomorrow according to the main site

Dave Boylen
Harry Wainman
Bobby Ross
Owen Simpson
Mike Czuzman
Phil Hubbard
Alan Woodward
Stuart Gray
Neil Freeman
Clive Wiggington
Ian Turner
Jim Lumley
Mike Hickman

This team have a lot to answer for. I started going at the beginning of the 72 season and i'm still dragging my @rse there 46 years later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
golfer
November 17, 2018, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Teesknees

Dave Boylen
Harry Wainman
Bobby Ross
Owen Simpson
Mike Czuzman
Phil Hubbard
Alan Woodward
Stuart Gray
Neil Freeman
Clive Wiggington
Ian Turner
Jim Lumley
Mike Hickman

Can we play these against Crawley and let the present squad do the walkabout. Funny how everybody on this list brings back good memories
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 17, 2018, 9:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from ginnywings

This team have a lot to answer for. I started going at the beginning of the 72 season and i'm still dragging my @rse there 46 years later.

Well being Mr Picky they are certainly not all from 72 as think Bobby Ross would have been retired a couple of years by then & Phil Hubbard would have played against us for LINCOLN prior to joining Norwich. Phil is certainly a big lad now or was when I last saw him at golf club. Jim  Lumby could have been a youngster on the books but broke through two or three seasons later.

Certainly a fantastic gathering of old favourites but for many my age the King will always be Sir Matt and that fantastic return back to BP adding 5000 to the gate, Matt came back in 1970 I think and we had good finish to that season and Bobby Kennedy a little unlucky to get the boot but 71/72 was just a great season and what a start 4-1 home to Sunny, 4-3 home to Donny in League Cup and 4-3 away win at Exeter, no wonder we were all hooked as young teenagers πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More news...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.