dapperz fun pub
November 7, 2018, 6:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from sydney
Would / Could Sam Jones coming back help?

I’d prefer Tom Jones tbh
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
monkeyboy
November 7, 2018, 7:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from sydney
I’m afraid I’ve been left with no alternative to come to the conclusion that MJ is out of his depth
We are going backwards
I don’t have an outfield player who I relate to
I really don’t have an answer
All I / we cling to is hope
We will suffer same plight as York or Torquay etc if tough and strong decisions aren’t made soon
We don’t look like a team at all
We are so slow
Tough been a Mariner at this time

Like a lot of people are saying, its so easy to blame MJ but we dont know what crap budget he has to work with, the blame should be with our non chairman/owner/dictator who has run the club intot he ground.   I suspect given reasonable funds he would do pretty well.
I also believe that by bringing in so much youth that things are building for the future but the players brought in or retained around the youth is clearly cheap and not upto standard.

Fentys purse strings are strangling the club, he wants to keep the club as basically a toy but without paying for it anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2018, 7:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Look, if a man commentating on the game, who by the way doesn't have the quals of jolley, can see the problems then I have to ask if MJ is just not that capable,.
He openly admitted that managing an under 23  side was about player development and not results so maybe that is where his own forte lies...and limbricks track record is woeful at best, hardly gives me any confidence that the 2 of them can turn this team into a force to reckoned with and I for one will not be happy with scraping through because there are 2 worse teams than us in the league...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Maringer
November 7, 2018, 8:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,629
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from moosey_club

Narrow defeat.....on the score sheet but for 3 cracking saves by Macca ...woodwork....desperate defending and riding our luck could have been more...

If we're going to start counting efforts that didn't go in, we might as well give up now. The record shows that we beat Colchester the other week but they missed sitters and had a lot more shots and chances. Does this mean they should be given the points?

When you're struggling, it's a fine line between success and failure and we managed to drag ourselves just to the right side of that line in the run in last season. If we'd held on for a draw last night or even nicked a win, they would have been praised for grinding out a result, despite a poor performance. The fact that we lost by a single goal doesn't suddenly make the performance itself ten times worse.

I didn't watch last night's game or listen to Jolley's comments, but it is pretty certain that away results against the better teams aren't likely to be what saves us this season. It will be grinding out enough results at home and against weaker sides. We've shown we can compete in plenty of games this season so let's hope we can get back to that situation very soon.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
Cloudy
November 7, 2018, 10:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Total over reaction IMO!!

Only a few short weeks ago we had many stating how it was easy money we would finish in the top half!

We are, and will remain, a team/club trying to make ends meet with little leadership from the top and no investment.

That is the way it is.

Whinge and moan all you like you arent going to change things.

I think MJ is worth sticking with, we arent going to get anyone with a magic wand to replace him thats for sure. He makes selections that I dont agree with, I would like to see us being more positive and aggressive but it isnt my reputation or job on the line and neither is it yours.

The term supporter doesnt seem to fit many on here at present but last night we competed for long periods against the best side i have seen in the league this season, it is however about getting points to reach safety.

The best way I can help in a very small way is by attending and supporting the team
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
1mickylyons
November 7, 2018, 1:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Think most of us need a reality check about just how good GTFC actually are in real terms.

Sad though it is we are no more than a struggling League 2 outfit and haven't been barring one Season 12 years ago. Nothing will change without a massive sea change through the entire Club and a load of money getting spent and that`s not going to happen anytime soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
grimsby pete
November 7, 2018, 1:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,823
Gold Stars: 222
Jolley will put together a good team playing a nice passing game,

I am not sure that will be with us though,

His hands are tied to who he can bring in,

So until he is given the funding to get these better players,

We will win one and lose 2 or 3 all season imo.

Lets hope he can find a nugget or two come January.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
arryarryarry
November 7, 2018, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer

One point to note is that the three teams currently below us are in even worse form than we are. And some of those just above us in the table aren't much better. We only have to be less bad than two of those teams.

We certainly need to improve, no arguing about that, but we're not the worst team in the division at present. You have to hold on to these little crumbs of comfort.

Hartlepool fans were probably thinking the same a couple of years ago.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
GrimRob
November 7, 2018, 2:17pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
He's got to be given January. I think the biggest problem is the quality of the players available to him. He's had a few injuries to contend with but nothing massively unusual. The squad is still quite small compared to previous years, so he must have held a bit back for this window. Let's at least give him time to get what he regards as his best squad.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 45
jonnyboy82
November 7, 2018, 3:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
We have 5 wins in 20 games since the season began, thats enough for anyone to be under pressure and on the verge at any level of management in football.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley back under pressure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.