Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley post match.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 209 Guests

Jolley post match.

This thread currently has 6,932 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
September 22, 2018, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
He's lost the frigging plot, using the words Woolford and athletic in the same sentence.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
Bigdog
September 22, 2018, 7:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
If I aint sick of hear "acutely aware" come out of his mouth....he ain't that acutely aware coz if he was he'd play 4-4-2 and put 2-strikers on from the start and not play Collins at the back...

As we've got no attacking wide players in the squad and Welsh needs to be played in a three, I'd suggest a 3-5-2, but agree with everything else you say..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
Heisenberg
September 22, 2018, 7:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Next Saturday is all or nothing. One last shot. I don’t want him to get sacked, but there’s no hope for him if we lose next week. I have my fingers and everything else crossed for him. And us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
grimsby pete
September 22, 2018, 7:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Abdul19
Always seems like too much worrying about the opposition  

When Brian Clough took over at Leeds the players wanted all the information on their opponents because Don Revie always did it,

Never mind about them Brian said let them worry about what we are going to do .

It was great thinking just because things did not work out for him there was because of the players not his thinking,

Just ask any Nottingham Forest fan if the ploy worked.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
grimsby pete
September 22, 2018, 7:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
Another great point Brian made when co commentating on an England game,

The manager was sat next to the doctor up in the stand,

" Whats he doing sitting next to him, are they talking about  penicillen   ?  "  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
sisapon
September 22, 2018, 8:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -247
Gold Stars: 1
clough= it only takes a second to score a goal,we have 505 minutes without one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
chaos33
September 22, 2018, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,973
Gold Stars: 361
As soon as the manager is trying to kid supporters on, then the end is nigh. It happened with Slade and I'm afraid that it's starting to sound the same. I understand the need to look for positives and to try to deflect pressure from himself and the team - sure we all do, but some of the stuff in that interview is plain bullsh1te. We might as well tell it like it is.

I am at a loss to explain why this is happening. Again.

I like Jolley and I was fully behind him. I think we all were. Hopeful and excited and grateful for what was achieved with Slade's awful squad but what the hell has happened since then? No blaming the fans this time. Back we all came with enthusiasm and hope - predicting good things, but it transpires that we can't compete in this division, once again. Not even with the middling teams. Why is that? Jolley's coaching credentials are second to none. If there are any better qualified coaches in L2 then they will be a tiny number. It must surely be the budget then. Does our bottom three league position reflect our investment in players? No hiding from the fact that we've signed too few quality players and retained too many average to poor ones.

I don't understand the persistence with some players who seem to prove, week in, week out, that they are barely up to this standard. Some of the selections have become baffling - Woolford and Collins auto picks despite terrible performance levels and Vernam not able to get a start. Famewo dropped. Players played out of position. Changes in the starting eleven every game and the system tinkered with endlessly, ensuring confusion and a lack of continuity. And this from a top qualified coach?!

I just can't understand why we seem to be sh1t regardless of who we sign, or who we play or who manages us. We are becoming a laughing stock. Once again, GTFC have killed that momentum. That local pride. All the fans forgiving and forgetting and returning, hoping for better and yet....more of the same. It really is dog t**d and I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I think we all are.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
HertsGTFC
September 22, 2018, 9:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33
As soon as the manager is trying to kid supporters on, then the end is nigh. It happened with Slade and I'm afraid that it's starting to sound the same. I understand the need to look for positives and to try to deflect pressure from himself and the team - sure we all do, but some of the stuff in that interview is plain bullsh1te. We might as well tell it like it is.

I am at a loss to explain why this is happening. Again.

I like Jolley and I was fully behind him. I think we all were. Hopeful and excited and grateful for what was achieved with Slade's awful squad but what the hell has happened since then? No blaming the fans this time. Back we all came with enthusiasm and hope -predicting good things, but it transpires that we can't compete in this division, once again. Not even with the middling teams. Why is that? Jolley's coaching credentials are second to none. If there are any better qualified coaches in L2 then they will be a tiny number. It must surely be the budget then. Does our bottom three league position reflect our investment in players? No hiding from the fact that we've signed too few quality players and retained too many average to poor ones.

I don't understand the persistence with some players who seem to prove, week in, week out, that they are barely up to this standard. Some of the selections have become baffling - Woolford and Collins auto picks despite terrible performance levels and Vernam not able to get a start. Famewo dropped. Players played out of position. Changes in the starting eleven every game and the system tinkered with endlessly, ensuring confusion and a lack of continuity. And his from a top qualified coach?!

I just can't understand why we seem to be sh1t regardless of who we sign, or who we play or who manages us. We are becoming a laughing stock. Once again, GTFC have killed that momentum. That local pride. All the fans forgiving and forgetting and returning, hoping for better and yet....more of the same. It really is dog t**d and I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I think we all are.

Well that get my vote for post of the week. It describes what I'm feeling ATM.

I would suggest that it's happening again because we have a p1ss poor budget no investment, MJ is a really decent guy who definitely understands what this club means to us I just think he's being found out a bit in that he's having to work with 4th Division players but trying to apply methodology that might have been o.k. at a different level or age group.

Who knows? all I know is that I'd like him to be a success (mid table is what I'd call success ATM) but if things don't get better soon we'll be in deep sh1t when experience will be required.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
gaz57
September 22, 2018, 9:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
If a tradesman turns up at your house without the right tools it doesn't matter how good he is, he's only as good as the tools he is employing. MJ has earnt the right to be given the time to get it right. Give me as many crosses as you like but I'm still right behind him, we can't keep changing the manager every 5 minutes because a few fans throw a wobble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
fishboyUTM
September 22, 2018, 9:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
In my humble opinion, Michael Jolley needs to have a go at teams. Or he’ll be out of a job very soon.

Though I’m not convinced about the teams mental strength. In tight games, they seem geniuses at pulling defeats out of draws.

I like Jolley, but turning up at BBQ’s and christenings mean intercourse all, I wonder if he’s respected in the dressing room? Overall, I’m unhappy with the players, but the manager a close second. I won’t bury my head in the sand for the sake of positivity. I’m beginning to wonder how much of last seasons revival was to do with Slade going, more that Jolley coming in.

The board need to consider their options very carefully. Vernam is being criminally underused, if he is trusted he should become one of the best players in this division.

I want MJ to pull his head out of the modern day managers rulebook, I want him to succeed but I am concerned, give him three more games then sack him if this continues. I think that’s twelve games, without looking at the table. That’s fair enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley post match.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.