3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 20, 2018, 7:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Once they stop w@nking into their mirrors they might wake up and realise that despite their “considerable investment” on Saturday their team actually lacked a fair bit of application, spirit, ability to break us down and very quickly lost the midfield battle.

For all the bigging up of the Cowleys MJ and AL out thought them in terms of game plan. The fact that when they levelled they lacked the ambition to go on and try and win the game would really worry me if I was a Lincoln fan.......... luckily and by the grace of god I’m not!

They’ll go up I’m sure but not by destroying all opposition they encounter.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
newarkmariner
August 20, 2018, 7:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
The gimps talking sensible didn't last for long, because once they got there heads around the fact we outplayed them in all departments had their defence chasing shadows and showed them that they are not world champions yet ,they decided to bury their over sized deformed swedes(that's what happens when you sleep with your sister) into the sand and start spouting shite again, comments like we raised our game, it was our cup final blah blah blah ,One trip to Wembley in there sad existence and they are experts on finals, or is there expertise formed from over 2 yrs ago when they all supported Liverpool & man utd ,idiots. The funniest comment was some imbecile saying that BP is the worst ground in the country and should be knocked down, now we all now its not great but at least we have 4 stands not 3 1/4 like Shitcil male masturbation or 3 stands like Mansfield,Exeter or Stevenage and god help the person if they ever go to Newport or Village Green amongst many others in the bottom 2 divisions.
As for the twit that is scotimp,well we could sign Messi and this imbecile would say hes over the hill or injury prone,probably find that hes about 16 yrs old never had a girlfriend or any friends what so ever and just sits around in his LCFC undercrackers knocking one off over pictures of Fat boy Rhead.Wish i could have a chat with him because i would ask him if there superstar midfielders O Connor and Frecklington are playing tommorow night or are they still stuck in Johnny Welsh,s back pocket.
UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
sam gy
August 20, 2018, 8:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
The fact of the matter is, their players were not up for it.

If you’re paying wages that high, and your players can’t even get motivated for a local derby, I’d be a tad concerned tbh.

Also, our management and team had quite clearly figured Lincoln out by watching their first few games. Lincoln did not have a plan b.

Still, early days though. Who knows how the season will pan out.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
HertsGTFC
August 20, 2018, 8:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from newarkmariner
The gimps talking sensible didn't last for long, because once they got there heads around the fact we outplayed them in all departments had their defence chasing shadows and showed them that they are not world champions yet ,they decided to bury their over sized deformed swedes(that's what happens when you sleep with your sister) into the sand and start spouting shite again, comments like we raised our game, it was our cup final blah blah blah ,One trip to Wembley in there sad existence and they are experts on finals, or is there expertise formed from over 2 yrs ago when they all supported Liverpool & man utd ,idiots. The funniest comment was some imbecile saying that BP is the worst ground in the country and should be knocked down, now we all now its not great but at least we have 4 stands not 3 1/4 like Shitcil male masturbation or 3 stands like Mansfield,Exeter or Stevenage and god help the person if they ever go to Newport or Village Green amongst many others in the bottom 2 divisions.
As for the twit that is scotimp,well we could sign Messi and this imbecile would say hes over the hill or injury prone,probably find that hes about 16 yrs old never had a girlfriend or any friends what so ever and just sits around in his LCFC undercrackers knocking one off over pictures of Fat boy Rhead.Wish i could have a chat with him because i would ask him if there superstar midfielders O Connor and Frecklington are playing tommorow night or are they still stuck in Johnny Welsh,s back pocket.
UTFM

Just give him post of the week now 😂😂😂

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
Gainsbro_Mariner
August 20, 2018, 9:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 14
Lincoln fans are a very weird breed, almost pompous at times. They’ve turned from this whiney bunch of oddballs tugging at our coat tails and hating us a lot more than we hate them to now being that smug they think we should be honoured to be on the same pitch as them. They suddenly find themselves suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Living in Lincoln is funny. Like I’ve said on other posts, every man and his dog are now Imps fans? I’ve been here 11 years and guys I’ve known for that long are all of a sudden die hard imps and season ticket holders. It’s been a miraculous turn around off the pitch and they’ve gained a rather substantial number of fans. They try telling you that these are fans who’ve come back but they didn’t get these numbers under the Play-off pushes under Keith Alexander and John Schofield.

Regardless of attendances, and Lincoln selling out their ticket allocation at Blundell Park for the first time in years, I really only care for the football, and as I expected prior to the game i wasn’t so shocked to see there wasn’t too much of a difference between us and them? This is what happens when fans don’t research their opponents! I was told for the two weeks leading up that Lincoln were going to rinse us ? If you’re a Lincoln fan and you don’t look beyond crappy articles like that one mentioned on their website then you’re gonna find yourself getting bitten more times than you expect.

At the end of the day Lincoln have done well in recent years and they’ve capatiised from good business and management decisions. But are there the lightyear ahead of us that they seem to insinuate they are ? No !

If Cowley goes and they lose a couple of players and they begin to falter,  The new fans will stay away and they’ll be brought back down to earth. Either way despite living here I couldn’t careless either way. UTM

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Helgy
August 20, 2018, 11:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Read the Stacey West blog instead of vitals , that’s what the majority do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
August 21, 2018, 10:01am
Guest User
There is absolutely no doubt that Lincoln City supporters have big ideas well above their station. There really is an attitude of superiority about them, which is totally unfounded.

Since the arrival of the Danny Cowley and the South African, they have had a little bit of success; success which was promotion from non-league and a decent FA cup run which they will never repeat again. Throw in a trip to Wembley if you like, in what has become a farce of a competition, a competition that we have been in the final of on more than one occasion, and won; when the competition actually meant something to the majority of lower league clubs.

The rise in attendance and season ticket sales should be applauded, but please don't try to convince any of us that these new supporters have always been there for the club and were merely armchair fans. They wasn't. They were in the majority of cases, 100% not Lincoln City fans. Lincoln's history of dire attendance figures is testament to the that. The increase in fan base is totally an utterly new supporters jumping on the glory bandwagon as a result of a bit of success.

But then lets have a bit of perspective too about the outcome of their last season. Frankly they failed. They scraped into the play off's and didn't get over the line.

So where are Lincoln now? Good attendances yes. A decent squad, yes. But no better than our squad who made Lincoln City look extremely second best on Saturday.

I find their notion of superiority nauseating. Not because I think we are any grander than us, or visa versa though. Nauseating because they just don't realise what they are, just another ordinary run of the mill lower league football club just like us. That is the main difference between a Grimsby fan and a Lincoln fan. Grimsby fans are realist in their view of the club. Yes some of us are old enough to recall many great years of punching above our weight in tier 2 under Mr Buckley, and the great journey and rise to those dizzy heights. But we know what we are, a lower league football club, with supporters that would enjoy a bit of a rise once again to league 1 and even another shot at the Championship. But we know exactly what level the size of our club places us at ideally in the big scheme of things in modern day professional football. Lincoln supporters don't seem to get this though. They really are disillusioned in thinking that they are bigger and grander club than what they are. They have replaced ambition with expectation and that is a very dangerous thing.

I am looking forward to watching it all fall apart over the next season or two. It will commence with the departure of Cowleys in that time frame, who will decide that they have taken Lincoln as far as they can, moving on to a new challenge. Things will start to unravel for them. Mark my words.
Reply: 26 - 29
Northbank Mariner
August 21, 2018, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
In Lincolns case it's quite simple to see their route to demise, look over the river at Hull...
They plundered through from league 2 through to the top flight, going from the boulevard with gates circa 6000 hard core fans, moved onto the Kcom stadium collecting another 12000 glory supporters....
Look where they are now, struggling in the championship with an average gate of 13000, of which 2000 are away supporters, so you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out that in only 2-years 7000 have deserted a sinking ship...
So pro rata that and Lincoln will drop back down to their paltry 2000 hard core fans soon enough....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
louth_in_the_south
August 21, 2018, 11:23am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
For people who claim they don’t care there’s obviously a few who are unnerved enough about the gimps to write long rants about them .
It’s actually getting embarrassing reading them from a gtfc position.
Who cares about the gimps ffs  ?!!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
Bradford Mariner
August 21, 2018, 12:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
For people who claim they don’t care there’s obviously a few who are unnerved enough about the gimps to write long rants about them .
It’s actually getting embarrassing reading them from a gtfc position.
Who cares about the gimps ffs  ?!!

Spot on, I don't get it either.

I've never been bothered about Scunthorpe or Lincoln. If they do well, fair enough, but it has never been of any significance to me (as a GTFC fan) either way. As for the Cowleys, on the other thread, it demeans us to deny they've done a brilliant job for Lincoln and we need to give them credit even if we disagree with the style of play.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln Vitals Big Girls Blouses

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.