Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley Appointed!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Jolley Appointed!!!

This thread currently has 20,658 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
newarkmariner
March 2, 2018, 7:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Been a while since ive commented on here but this news is what ive been waiting for, welcome and good luck,UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 114
ginnywings
March 2, 2018, 7:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Question Ipswin- what has Harsley got that this guy hasn't? I think you championed Harsley the other day if i remember.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 114
promotion plaice
March 2, 2018, 7:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Welcome to GTFC  Micheal Jolley.

I wonder what contract his is on ?........( 6 month rolling )  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 114
MarinerMal
March 2, 2018, 7:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +783
Gold Stars: 17
I'm excited by the appointment as it's a refreshing change from the normal run of the mill appointments.

However, Ipswin does raise some good points and it is indeed a gamble.

Still, you have to speculate to accumulate, as the saying goes and this does make me excited about visiting BP again and at the end of the day, that is all I wished for. It doesn't matter who they appointed, nobody is guaranteed. But at least the intrigue factor is back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 114
GrimRob
March 2, 2018, 7:55pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Can't wait to see how he lines Town up

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 114
jonnyboy82
March 2, 2018, 7:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Absolutely  buzzing .

Well done GTFC .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 114
HertsGTFC
March 2, 2018, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Ipswin

I did not want this man, he would not have been my choice. I do not understand the support for him that has surfaced on here. What it is about him to get so many excited I do not know, he does not have the experience we need to get out of the rut we are in and turn things around into a side actually challenging rather than just mid table / survival (if we survive this season that is)

The good things are I suppose that Fenty can blame the fans (surely the stupid twit wasn't swayed by the Jolley brigade on here) and Jolley himself can blame Slade and thus get a stay of execution if we fail to stay up and presumably if he loses the next two the argument will be that Wilko would not have done any better and what do we expect as he's only just arrived

I hope to be proved wrong, I can hear all the 'give him a chance' brigade but we don't have time for that, we need instant results and a totally new man fresh from relegation in Sweden who talks a good video and who does not know the players is going to struggle.

Your back on form then!

Bit in bold - fortunately/unfortunately you and I don't sign the cheques  

People in general wanted "up and coming" so JF has taken note, the rest will remain to be seen.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 114
sam gy
March 2, 2018, 8:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,479
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

I did not want this man, he would not have been my choice. I do not understand the support for him that has surfaced on here. What it is about him to get so many excited I do not know, he does not have the experience we need to get out of the rut we are in and turn things around into a side actually challenging rather than just mid table / survival (if we survive this season that is)

The good things are I suppose that Fenty can blame the fans (surely the stupid twit wasn't swayed by the Jolley brigade on here) and Jolley himself can blame Slade and thus get a stay of execution if we fail to stay up and presumably if he loses the next two the argument will be that Wilko would not have done any better and what do we expect as he's only just arrived

I hope to be proved wrong, I can hear all the 'give him a chance' brigade but we don't have time for that, we need instant results and a totally new man fresh from relegation in Sweden who talks a good video and who does not know the players is going to struggle.

Cheer up, it might never happen

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 114
Ipswin
March 2, 2018, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings
Question Ipswin- what has Harsley got that this guy hasn't? I think you championed Harsley the other day if i remember.

Grimsby lad, 500 professional appearances, (450 of them in the FL) and very similar coaching experience, (Scunts Barnsley, Birmingham etc)

Not necessarily my ideal choice but my preferred one of the two

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 114
jonnyboy82
March 2, 2018, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Ipswin

I remember the other day you and I quote said to me "engage brain before speaking "

Well Ipswich now I return the favour.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 114
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Jolley Appointed!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.