3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
November 23, 2017, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,879
Gold Stars: 42
Latest figures summarised in BBC News (Internet) today.  They report the totals as 2016-17, but the season has not finished of course. Looks like new banning orders.  

Grimsby are the only team in Div 1 and Div 2 featured.  And all for the wrong reasons.  "Grimsby have more than a quarter of all the Division 2 banning order total".   Looks like about 50 out of 190.  No details supplied.

I would like to know where our figures come from? These are very high.  Assuming that the totals are true, this will not do our reputation any good with other clubs and police forces.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
November 23, 2017, 4:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Have we got a few that's got a life time ban ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
Theimperialcoroner
November 23, 2017, 4:47pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,208
Gold Stars: 102
20 new ones as I read it.

I do not believe any of these are for brassiere-related violence.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Hameln Mariner
November 23, 2017, 5:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
For once being top of our division isn't something to be proud about.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
grimsby pete
November 23, 2017, 5:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Accrington and Cheltenham have no arrests,

BUT

A certain Cheltenham player would have been arrested if he was not on the pitch when he trod on Macca.

3 year ban on Mr Wright sounds about right  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
Gaffer58
November 23, 2017, 7:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Could be that some of our fans resorted to a bit of bad behaviour, hence the banning order, hence a decent excuse not to go and whatch, obviously after Tuesday they now regret their behaviour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
jock dock tower
November 23, 2017, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It appears to be the same old, same old with us unfortunately. Whilst we do have some of the best fans around - certainly in turning out in numbers for away games - we do have the ability to attract others for all the wrong reasons, usually for the bigger games against northern teams. Do sewing bees attract trouble like this?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
scrumble
November 23, 2017, 7:55pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
250 banning orders 32 of which are Towns. My maths maybe dodgy, but i don't think 32 is a quarter of 250

Accringtn Stanley 0 Barnet 2
Blackpool 14
Cambridge United 12
Carlisle United 18
Cheltenham Town 0
Colchester United 6
Crawley Town 2
Crewe Alexandra 11
Doncaster Rovers 11
Exeter City 10
Grimsby Town 32
Hartlepool United 13
Leyton Orient 5
Luton Town 22
Mansfield Town 17
Morecambe 2
Newport County 11
Notts County 4
Plymouth Argyle 37
Portsmouth 17
Stevenage 3
Wycombe Wanderers 1

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Chips44
November 23, 2017, 8:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +127
I wonder if a lot of these stem from the trouble following the July 2016 pre season "Friendly" against Sheffield United?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
moosey_club
November 23, 2017, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
We do seem to have a disproportionate amount....purely down to our major high risk element i ask myself or perhaps to over zealous policing and constant filming of the crowds that seem to go hand in hand with a Town away day nowadays.

Being of a slightly different generation i rarely see anything that i would call major trouble or serious disorder nowadays....Mid 80's - early 90's in particular there were more active larger groups having greater freedom and open confrontations...on the pitches and inside stadiums...CCTV was being used by police...Seymour with his shoulder mounted camera for those that remember him... and the first camera vans but banning orders didnt really exist.

If you got "nicked" back then it was generally a case of losing your liberty for the rest of the day and released without charge after 6pm.

Not condoning the behaviour but police can be pretty antagonising at times which younger lads seem to react to and then after filming them gobbing off for a while or over the course of a few weeks /months they nick them and then produce a showreel of "evidence of threatening behaviour" and apply for a ban.  

Its like printing money for the police and guarantees them all a bit of easy overtime on a Saturday.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town Banning Orders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.