4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 10:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Some really poor ones last night ours was bad BUT less than 1k at Morecombe when the visitors were the localish Crewe who surely would have had 200 or so?Just over 1k at Accy which whilst not unusual with Blackburn away at Oxford on the same night must be disappointing for them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Les Brechin
November 22, 2017, 11:05am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Some really poor ones last night ours was bad BUT less than 1k at Morecombe when the visitors were the localish Crewe who surely would have had 200 or so?Just over 1k at Accy which whilst not unusual with Blackburn away at Oxford on the same night must be disappointing for them?

Yeah, I saw that Morecambe attendance. 927!! Must be the lowest gate for any league game for quite a while.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
ginnywings
November 22, 2017, 11:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Wet Tuesday night with Champions League on the telly. Town attendance was about what i was expecting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
Les Brechin
November 22, 2017, 11:09am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ginnywings
Wet Tuesday night with Champions League on the telly. Town attendance was about what i was expecting.

I said before the game that I thought we'd just scrape 3000 which wasn't far wrong.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
grimsby pete
November 22, 2017, 11:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Only about 30 odd  more at Bury last night to see the bottom team BEAT the top team in L1.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
jock dock tower
November 22, 2017, 11:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Was at Queen of the outh vs Montrose Scottish Cup replay last night. Was expecting it to be less than 1,000 because of the alternative attractions in the Champion's League, but they got just 784, lowest home league gate for donkey's years. Bless Murdoch the high priest of fitba drama.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
Abdul19
November 22, 2017, 12:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Does the Champions League have such an impact on attendances these days now it's not on ITV? (Although I know BT (not Sky) put the odd game of interest on free tv)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
ginnywings
November 22, 2017, 12:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Abdul19
Does the Champions League have such an impact on attendances these days now it's not on ITV? (Although I know BT (not Sky) put the odd game of interest on free tv)

My nieces fella is a half ar$ed Town fan and he will stay home on CL nights doing his online bets. I think it may knock a few off the gate, but not that many. Tuesday night games are always a little down on the norm anyway. I suspect those that have to travel any distance won't bother on a weekday. Then there is the football, which has been driving people away. The last home game was 300 down on the one before, so the trend is down anyway. Surprisingly, my brother turned up last night after saying he wouldn't be bothering. That's two games in a row now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
1mickylyons
November 22, 2017, 1:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings

My nieces fella is a half ar$ed Town fan and he will stay home on CL nights doing his online bets. I think it may knock a few off the gate, but not that many. Tuesday night games are always a little down on the norm anyway. I suspect those that have to travel any distance won't bother on a weekday. Then there is the football, which has been driving people away. The last home game was 300 down on the one before, so the trend is down anyway. Surprisingly, my brother turned up last night after saying he wouldn't be bothering. That's two games in a row now.

The crowds at Town are and have been low for a long time anything 5k+ is regarded as a good gate and I suppose at League 2 level it probably is a good gate with typically small away followings.I much prefer night games but I don`t really know why and I was saying as we walked to the ground I never ever used to go into BP expecting to see Town lose regardless of the opposition.I don`t think it would take nearly as much persuasion to get home support over 6k on a regular basis as some seem to think but they won`t just blindly turn up even if were winning every week.The Club needs to embrace the support and build on it cos it`s out there .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
grimps
November 22, 2017, 2:15pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The crowds at Town are and have been low for a long time anything 5k+ is regarded as a good gate and I suppose at League 2 level it probably is a good gate with typically small away followings.I much prefer night games but I don`t really know why and I was saying as we walked to the ground I never ever used to go into BP expecting to see Town lose regardless of the opposition.I don`t think it would take nearly as much persuasion to get home support over 6k on a regular basis as some seem to think but they won`t just blindly turn up even if were winning every week.The Club needs to embrace the support and build on it cos it`s out there .

We've not really been any good at home for the last 20 years , you can sort of see why everyone seems to prefer away games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Attendances

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.