This thread currently has 1,825 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MarinerBen
October 5, 2017, 11:50pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
...from Wembley. Interesting experience, for such a boring performance it was hugely entertaining.

The fans made the game, what was supposed to be a WCQ competition brought about some of the finest origami craftsmanship I have ever witnessed. The Exeter fan sat next to me agreed that we have both seen more entertaining League Two football, so our attention was turned primarily to the incoming squadrons of paper aircraft.

The runner topped it off, lots of laughs, and a goal I missed due to a dizzy water filled bladder.

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
RoboCod
October 6, 2017, 7:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Sounds like you went to an International Paper Craft convention and had your night ruined by some blokes who decided to interrupt proceedings and have a kickabout.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
grimsby pete
October 6, 2017, 11:16am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
It sounds a lot more exciting being there than it was watching it on TV.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Roast Em Bobby
October 6, 2017, 12:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
I'd like to know what League Two games you guys are watching because I've not seen a league two game in 40 odd years where a player took the eye like Rashford did in the first half last night. Not sure I've ever seen a league two game where players are able to pass the ball on the deck to each other for more than 5 consecutive passes either. England game might have been a bit boring but it was a damn sight better than watching town playing hoof ball this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Madeleymariner
October 6, 2017, 12:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I'd like to know what League Two games you guys are watching because I've not seen a league two game in 40 odd years where a player took the eye like Rashford did in the first half last night. Not sure I've ever seen a league two game where players are able to pass the ball on the deck to each other for more than 5 consecutive passes either. England game might have been a bit boring but it was a damn sight better than watching town playing hoof ball this season.

Watch some of the Buckley games, or players like Dave Gilbert, Michael Reddy, etc. At a different level but still had stand out games showing skill and flair
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Maringer
October 6, 2017, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
I like Rashford as a player, but think the praise he's received during the last two England games has been very much OTT. Last night, he looked bright at times and beat his man on occasion, but didn't manage to put in much in the way of meaningful passes/crosses and most of his corners were rubbish. Obviously not helped by his lethargic teammates, but I don't think he's been worth the praise heaped on him in these games. It would be nice if we didn't have to load all our hopes onto the shoulders of one player yet again following the retirement of Beckham and Rooney in that role.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
moosey_club
October 6, 2017, 2:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Maringer
I like Rashford as a player, but think the praise he's received during the last two England games has been very much OTT. Last night, he looked bright at times and beat his man on occasion, but didn't manage to put in much in the way of meaningful passes/crosses and most of his corners were rubbish. Obviously not helped by his lethargic teammates, but I don't think he's been worth the praise heaped on him in these games. It would be nice if we didn't have to load all our hopes onto the shoulders of one player yet again following the retirement of Beckham and Rooney in that role.

A turd is still a turd regardless of whether or not it is surrounded by smellier turds !

He certainly looked most likely to do something at times, didnt seem as shackled as his team mates but being a relative newcomer to the squad he wont have had that beaten out of him yet.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
grimsby pete
October 6, 2017, 4:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Don't worry the squad will soon bring him down to their level.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.