5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
August 24, 2017, 9:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Maynard's quick and has got pedigree. He's scored goals at a higher level and everyone holds him in high regard wherever he's been. Hooper is the complete opposite on the evidence we have so far, maybe he'll change when he gets fitter and settled.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
Hertsmariner
August 24, 2017, 9:54am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
We are where we are and it's for the manager and his team to make things work. Fans pay their salaries and are quite entitled to complain if they don't feel they are receiving value for the money they spend. However, I dislike personal abuse and any criticism should refer to deficiences fans see on the pitch. Sadly, I have long given up hope that we live in a particularly civilised society.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
1mickylyons
August 24, 2017, 9:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mariner_09
Maynard's quick and has got pedigree. He's scored goals at a higher level and everyone holds him in high regard wherever he's been. Hooper is the complete opposite on the evidence we have so far, maybe he'll change when he gets fitter and settled.

I doubt it very much lets be honest Hooper is not good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
grimsby pete
August 24, 2017, 9:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
When Vernon is fit he will take the holding role,

Hooper then will be given time to get up to speed as several posters have said he has not had any pre season training .

He will then be back and be a much improved player, I hope,

So I will give him that time to prove himself instead of making an instant decision ,

Give the lad a break.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
Hagrid
August 24, 2017, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
jamille Matt also turned us down, we were in for Walker from forest, so theres 3 already who we couldnt get
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
Mariner_09
August 24, 2017, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Suspect we tried to get Revell as well, hardly surprising he's struggling as he's clearly No. 5 or 6 on the list.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
jock dock tower
August 24, 2017, 11:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
For all those with longer memories - and I'm doing this from the perspective of not having seen Hopper play btw - Nottingham Forest had a striker who scored goals for fun with them, Gary Birtles. This persuaded Manchester United to splash out over £1 million for him - a huge sum in those days - and he didn't score in his first season with them. He ended up[ with just 11 goals in 59 appearances before heading back to the City Ground for much less than he was sold for, where he scored goals for fun again.

He ended up having a great couple of seasons for us of course. That one season with United though could possibly have finished his career if the keyborad warriors had been around in those days? Have a go at the team collectively if they underperform by all means, especially if they're playing to orders, but let's not single out individuals for what's tantamount to bullying. It does nobody any favours and it can only damage the individual concerned.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
Madeleymariner
August 24, 2017, 3:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Hooper hasn't scored goals for fun but perhaps he should have resigned for Havant instead of us then he may have another 13 in a season for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
arryarryarry
August 24, 2017, 4:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hertsmariner
We are where we are and it's for the manager and his team to make things work. Fans pay their salaries and are quite entitled to complain if they don't feel they are receiving value for the money they spend. However, I dislike personal abuse and any criticism should refer to deficiences fans see on the pitch. Sadly, I have long given up hope that we live in a particularly civilised society.

Has there been that much personal abuse, most comments and certainly mine are based on a couldn't be arsed 45 minutes at Stevenage at not much improvement against Derby.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
louth_in_the_south
August 24, 2017, 4:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 96
If we hadn't read all the stuff about him the vale fans said I doubt he'd be getting the abuse from town fans . Pre conceived doubts soon becomes reality when he doesn't immediately look like the new bogle . Give him 10 games to settle in and being played in his natural position before we crucify him . Give the lad a break ffs .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hooper - RANT

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.