1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
August 22, 2017, 8:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Chesterfield away: Town fans accused of smashing up several pubs by the Police landlords confirm no damage and basically out of  a huge away following for League 2 of 2700 one goon throws a smoke bomb and one drunken idiot knocks a glass over in a pub and another one runs on the pitch.

Cov home: Police intelligence roughly 24 hrs before the game suggests serious disorder involving travelling Coventry hooligans all away ticket sales suspended.Day of the game the 1300 Cov fans who arrive mix in the Clps pubs with home fans without the slightest hint of trouble even though what is considered Grimsby`s risk element are present in numbers.A 0-2 win sees a few fans run on the pitch to celebrate a goal and a customary smoke bomb.

Stevenage away: Probably due to the above shocking incidents at the first 2 games it is deemed to treat any travelling fans that arrive to Nazi style inspections and systematic abuse and humiliation as if losing 3-1 to a shower like that isn`t humiliation enough/

Anyway point is good to see our SLO and the Football Club taking these cretins to task but it`s a worrying set of developments for GTFC fans especially those who like to travel.The potential for disorder at Chesterfield was high as it will be at Notts,Imps,Mansfield due to the large numbers of travelling fans and risk element supporters.But where oh where do they get intelligence that Town fans intend to maraud and ransack Stevenage,worse still they compound this error of judgement by meeting out barabric treatment of innocent women and kids.I have just read the Lincoln Vital thread on this incident and if that`s how all other League 2 fans of opposing Clubs see Saturday`s actions Stevenage will have major problems.

I would like to see the Trust having put out the original statement get some clarification from the Club on what so called intelligence is floating around about not only our fans but the fans of the other 23 Clubs in this League.In the event it`s a load of bollox let`s see it spelled out on here with the name of the guilty party who has spread this crap for all to see .UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
August 22, 2017, 8:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Chesterfield away: Town fans accused of smashing up several pubs by the Police landlords confirm no damage and basically out of  a huge away following for League 2 of 2700 one goon throws a smoke bomb and one drunken idiot knocks a glass over in a pub and another one runs on the pitch.

Cov home: Police intelligence roughly 24 hrs before the game suggests serious disorder involving travelling Coventry hooligans all away ticket sales suspended.Day of the game the 1300 Cov fans who arrive mix in the Clps pubs with home fans without the slightest hint of trouble even though what is considered Grimsby`s risk element are present in numbers.A 0-2 win sees a few fans run on the pitch to celebrate a goal and a customary smoke bomb.

Stevenage away: Probably due to the above shocking incidents at the first 2 games it is deemed to treat any travelling fans that arrive to Nazi style inspections and systematic abuse and humiliation as if losing 3-1 to a shower like that isn`t humiliation enough/

Anyway point is good to see our SLO and the Football Club taking these cretins to task but it`s a worrying set of developments for GTFC fans especially those who like to travel.The potential for disorder at Chesterfield was high as it will be at Notts,Imps,Mansfield due to the large numbers of travelling fans and risk element supporters.But where oh where do they get intelligence that Town fans intend to maraud and ransack Stevenage,worse still they compound this error of judgement by meeting out barabric treatment of innocent women and kids.I have just read the Lincoln Vital thread on this incident and if that`s how all other League 2 fans of opposing Clubs see Saturday`s actions Stevenage will have major problems.

I would like to see the Trust having put out the original statement get some clarification from the Club on what so called intelligence is floating around about not only our fans but the fans of the other 23 Clubs in this League.In the event it`s a load of bollox let`s see it spelled out on here with the name of the guilty party who has spread this crap for all to see .UTM

Coventry had two minibuses in Clee all risk who on arrival called it straight on in front of the police on the high street . Other risk Coventry also in Clee but tbf the police controlled things  considering they were Durham-south York's police and at some points didn't seem to know who was who. Basically what I'm saying is without the large police presence it would have been sheff Utd again all be it on a smaller scale
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Jarmo.Is.God
August 22, 2017, 8:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
You will always get a couple that dont behaviour, even if thats at a music gig, the races, any other sporting event.

Yet we as football fans and Grimsby fans seem to be targetted by the police & people in charge of 'safety' every week, and its ruining it and people will start not attending as they wont want the hassle.

Football is a sport which involves fans singing and cheering the team on, but this gets changed into fans kicking off?

I personally feel the lack of trouble at chesterfield, was because the actual police on the street, was there to be helpful, and keep the peace, not look for trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
1mickylyons
August 22, 2017, 10:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Coventry had two minibuses in Clee all risk who on arrival called it straight on in front of the police on the high street . Other risk Coventry also in Clee but tbf the police controlled things  considering they were Durham-south York's police and at some points didn't seem to know who was who. Basically what I'm saying is without the large police presence it would have been sheff Utd again all be it on a smaller scale

I was on the high st drinking from just before 1pm and plenty of Cov fans about never saw any trouble myself so must have been before then heard both sets chanting in/outside Wetherspoons and walked down to the ground just behind 20 Cov who were chanting til they got near the ground then wisely quietened down.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
arryarryarry
August 22, 2017, 11:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
You will always get a couple that dont behaviour, even if thats at a music gig, the races, any other sporting event.

Yet we as football fans and Grimsby fans seem to be targetted by the police & people in charge of 'safety' every week, and its ruining it and people will start not attending as they wont want the hassle.

Football is a sport which involves fans singing and cheering the team on, but this gets changed into fans kicking off?

I personally feel the lack of trouble at chesterfield, was because the actual police on the street, was there to be helpful, and keep the peace, not look for trouble.

To be fair though at some of Town's more high profile games it's more than a couple. At Chesterfield there were probably 30 odd or more who stood in the walk way at the front of the stand who despite being asked constantly all game by both the stewards and police flatly refused to move to the seats, the same happened at Blackpool as well as other games.

I'm all for every one having a good time but why constantly antagonise the stewards.

And don't get me going about the clowns who feel they have to run on the pitch every time we score a goal, just an easy way to get a 3 year banning order.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Mariner Ronnie
August 22, 2017, 1:19pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Morning glory

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
Posh Harry
August 22, 2017, 4:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Morning glory

The older I get the less this is an issue 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 3 games in what`s the story

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.