Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Clements?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 161 Guests

Chris Clements?

This thread currently has 4,547 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Old Cleeful
July 27, 2017, 2:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
I don't think he's figured since the opening pre-season game. Anyone know anything?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Simariner
July 27, 2017, 2:23pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
compassionate leave
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 19
Mariner93er
July 27, 2017, 3:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,666
Gold Stars: 28
I hope we see him alongside rose in midfield, I think he offers more than berrett.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
July 27, 2017, 4:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,499
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Mariner93er
I hope we see him alongside rose in midfield, I think he offers more than berrett.

He offers more than Rose if the other night is anything to go by. Is Berrett the Grimsby word for devil incarnate?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Grantley
July 27, 2017, 4:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9

He offers more than Rose if the other night is anything to go by. Is Berrett the Grimsby word for devil incarnate?

Maybe some people just think that Berrett maybe isn't up to it?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Mariner93er
July 27, 2017, 4:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,666
Gold Stars: 28
There's been people getting stick on here recently for criticising berrett, it's not as though we're judging him on a pre season. He had opportunities to impress last season and Id love someone to give me and example of him ever playing better than average.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
MuddyWaters
July 27, 2017, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mariner93er
There's been people getting stick on here recently for criticising berrett, it's not as though we're judging him on a pre season. He had opportunities to impress last season and Id love someone to give me and example of him ever playing better than average.

He had loads of opportunities to impress if he was a left winger or had a left foot. He was, like Artus and McLaughlin before him, a square peg in a round hole. Considering we were playing against what was, till very recently, a Championship midfield the other night, I thought both he and Rose did pretty well and some of his passing, particularly in the first half, was pretty good.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Maringer
July 27, 2017, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -11
Approval: +16,070
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He had loads of opportunities to impress if he was a left winger or had a left foot. He was, like Artus and McLaughlin before him, a square peg in a round hole. Considering we were playing against what was, till very recently, a Championship midfield the other night, I thought both he and Rose did pretty well and some of his passing, particularly in the first half, was pretty good.

Berrett also handled the ball twice after losing possession weakly and grabbing the ball because he thought he'd been fouled. He also kicked the ball away on another occasion after the referee had pulled him up for a foul then and deliberately tripped a player from behind to stop him breaking away. That would be four bookable offences in the first half alone in a League game!

If he does play, I don't want to see him in a defensive midfield role as he's simply not up to the job. If he plays as one of the midfielders in front of a holding midfielder (or midfielders) then fair enough as that ought to be better suited to his abilities.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
July 27, 2017, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,499
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Grantley

Maybe some people just think that Berrett maybe isn't up to it?

You might be right, but he seems like a scapegoat to me. Unfairly in my opinion, and obviously in the opinion of Hurst and Slade.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
MuddyWaters
July 27, 2017, 6:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230

You might be right, but he seems like a scapegoat to me. Unfairly in my opinion, and obviously in the opinion of Hurst and Slade.

I think the fans need to watch what he does rather than what he doesn't. He moves the ball quickly, his range of passing is good but he isn't an in your face, hard tackling ball winner. The fact that he's played 200+ games in League 1 probably says more about his ability and I suspect that very few of those appearances were as a wide midfielder.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Clements?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.