Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squad available for start of season...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 297 Guests

Squad available for start of season...

This thread currently has 3,239 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
July 27, 2017, 10:45am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,190
Gold Stars: 102
I really cannot believe Berrett and Summerfield are our CM options. Both I more than shirt fillers and neither will inspire us to a top 7 finish.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
MarinerMal
July 27, 2017, 11:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
If those who are currently injured aren't out for the season we need include those in the midfield numbers too. Then we have 6 CM's. Then we certainly have the quantity, the quality would be an entirely different discussion.

I think the trouble we may have is shipping bodies out, freeing up some of the wage bill before trying to get anyone else in. This becomes more of a problem though, if the ones you want to get rid of are injured (I'd heard rumours he is not a big fan of Clements or Osbourne, seems bizarre as to me they are better than Summerfield and Berret).

Also there are still a few weeks until the start of the season to possibly bring in short term loans to help cover any injury period and there is also the possibility of giving some of the more promising youth players their chance.

For me it's too early to start damning the squad when the season hasn't even started yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
sam gy
July 27, 2017, 12:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but to have 3 of what would be first choice centre midfielders out injured, but still having players with the experience of James Berrett and Luke Summerfield available to choose from, shows we do have strength in depth.

Ok, they might not be world beaters, but I doubt many teams in the league would pass those two up as back ups available for an injury hit midfield.

It's a massive shame Clifton is injured as this would've been a great opportunity for him to stake a claim. Anyone know the extent of his injury? Think he's been out the whole pre season hasn't he?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squad available for start of season...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.