mariner91
July 25, 2017, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,643
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Sigone
Hope we dont have to see Sam Jones play wide all season.  He worked his nuts off tonight but in a defensive roll.  Think we lose his goal scoring prowess and he doesn't create too much out wide.  That's the 4th pre-season game i've seen and hes played wide in every one.

Dave Moore has his work cut out tonight then!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
MuddyWaters
July 25, 2017, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Hagrid
Dont think summerfield was any worse nor any better than any of our midfield 2 tonight- berrett or rose. None of them looked to do anything with the ball, just sideways passes

Seriously? I took a Blackburn fan with me tonight who thought our midfield tried to do more with the ball than theirs in the first half. I'd also add that Davies did more in midfield than Summerfield.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
Hagrid
July 25, 2017, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,393
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Seriously? I took a Blackburn fan with me tonight who thought our midfield tried to do more with the ball than theirs in the first half. I'd also add that Davies did more in midfield than Summerfield.

Yeah seriously- each to their own isnt it, i have no idea if that is RS's 1st choice midfield with 3 out injured but didnt inspire me much tonight.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
chaos33
July 25, 2017, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from oldun
Must be concern over Jamey Osborn. Knee heavily immobilised and using crutches. There is a fear he has torn a crucial element ligament, but will need a scan.

Crucial element ligament?

Do you mean anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)?

Hope not. If so, he'll be out for 6 - 9 months - ie, out for the season.
Surely the GT would have reported that?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
Hagrid
July 25, 2017, 10:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,393
Gold Stars: 534
Got a scan this week JT said
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
Grimbiggs
July 25, 2017, 10:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Solid performance against league 1 title favourites. Dembele was good in the first half and we were pretty solid at the back, with the trailist left-back solid without being spectacular. I would prefer a better attacking leftback, but have we left it to late now. Poor performance from Berrett again and Summerfield didn't show much, although i liked Davies when he came on, and maybe he could be a better option in midfield?...upfront Vernon huffed and puffed, but had little support and was feeding off scraps, and surely Jones can't be persisted with out wide, he's wasted there. A goalscorer is still needed, and whilst i think we'll be hard to beat, it's hard to see were the all the goals are going to come from. I doubt Blackburn on this showing will be promotion contenders though, whilst for us we'll hold our own and with a couple of addittions we could still challenge for the play-offs. Onwards and upwards for our final pre-season game against Wigan. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
July 25, 2017, 10:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
My first pre season match this season. Thought we outplayed blackburn overall, they had that bit more composure when passing it around but didnt have much energy about them and were lucky to win.
Sriki dembele did some really inpressive things in the first half, thought our defence looked fairly solid, thought most players who played made a decent contribution. I can't see us scoring enough goals with that attacking set up though.

Decent run out, gave me some confidence for the season ahead, be interesting to see how we eventually line up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
ginnywings
July 25, 2017, 11:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
I think people take pre season friendlies too seriously. We've scored shedloads of goals against weaker opposition and struggled to score against higher opposition, which is only to be expected. Formations and personnel change hugely during 90 minutes and trialists are thrown into the mix, so the consistency of a settled side won't be known until we get going proper against teams in our own division. I don't read too much into them and give them a swerve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 59
arryarryarry
July 25, 2017, 11:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Good workout tonight. Can safely assume Karleigh Osborne has signed. Jamey Osborne however did not look good hobbling around on crutches.

Hoped to see Roberts for a bit more than 10 minutes in the second half. Mustoe left his side wide open for much of the first half.

Osborne out till at least January I heard.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
LondonMariner43
July 26, 2017, 7:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,951
Gold Stars: 64
So Osborne, McAlister and Clements all injured, it's lucky we have so many midfielders!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GY v Blackburn rovers match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.