Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where will you finish?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 202 Guests

Where will you finish?

This thread currently has 4,546 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
July 16, 2017, 3:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from psgmariner
Decent enough prediction for me. I am disappointed with our recruitment so far. Doesn't look like much of the Bogle has been spent. Still a bit of time to get those hairs on the back of my neck standing up though.

I think they'll be safe. To be honest in reality would we ever sign a player that would do this? if so who?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
July 16, 2017, 4:14pm
Guest User
At the start of each season it's always first. At the start of each World Cup England will win.
I get the shirts, have a bet and look forward.
I buy my season ticket always thinking we'll finish first.
I go to Wembley to watch Town, or England expecting us to thrash the opposition.
But it's football you can't predict.
I didn't want Slade- Merry Xmas , said I'd not buy my usual three season tickets when he was appointed, now he's the man, he'll take us up, so he has a promotion on his CV at last.
I think the squad is shaping up nicely.
SO 2018 I PREDICT TOWN 1ST AND ENGLAND TO WIN THE WORLD CUP. I just love following my favourite teams.
I'm over 60 turn up in my Town shirts, bought all 3 and latest England shirts, what a kid.
Bobby Moore is the greatest ever player. Dave Boylen is Mr Grimsby Town. Sir Alan Buckley is god. Kev Moore was my mate at school, as well as Tony Ford and Paul Emson. Kevin Drinkall was the best centre forward never to play for England. Drinks on me if this happens.
Oh George Best was.......
Reply: 21 - 25
sonofmadeleymariner
July 16, 2017, 4:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
We are still missing a proven striker at the moment so I am going to say a mid-table finish, I'm hoping Asante when fit and maybe one of these trialists comes in and does a great job but until then I think we would be daft to say anything higher then midtable would be possible.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
KingstonMariner
July 16, 2017, 7:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings
It's futile trying to predict finishing positions based on retained and signed players. Many seasons watching Town have taught me that you never know which side will click and which won't. Players you don't really know much about can become integral. Conversely, players you think will do the biz can bomb. Obviously, you need the ingredients of a good manager and a certain amount of experienced players, but sometimes it just takes off and sometimes it fizzles out. Around Xmas time is the time to judge where we are going, and even then, a couple of good signings in Jan can give you fresh impetus.

All of this, plus hardly anyone knows effall about the other clubs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
GrimRob
July 16, 2017, 8:48pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Second season syndrome, but on the other hand we've (the board, manager, players and fans) have learned a lot about what's needed. There's no doubt in my mind this is a much higher standard than when we last played at this level. On paper, it's a bit easier than last year as some big clubs went up and Leyton Orient and Hartlepool were not minnows. The squad is probably the big unknown as Slade's hands were tied by his predecessor's decisions to a large degree. I think on balance we really need a stable year which we never got last time, although there's plenty of examples where managers have come in and done well quickly with inherited squads. I hope our support keeps up, a few seasons with mid-table finishes means it's bound to dip.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 25
lukeo
July 17, 2017, 7:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Why do we need a recognised striker? If Jones scores to a ratio as he did when Boggle left and the other strikers and midfielders chip in with done goals, I can't see goals being a problem. I'm not overly confident and the bookies back most of our views on this (40/1 to win the league) but I'll still be 100% behind town and I have put them to win the league in my lucky 15  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where will you finish?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.