This thread currently has 3,097 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
OllieGTFC
June 29, 2017, 3:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
We have team up with this company for more fitness gear, sladey really getting us into shape long may it continue

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
June 29, 2017, 4:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from OllieGTFC
We have team up with this company for more fitness gear, sladey really getting us into shape long may it continue

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/town-join-statsports-family/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
zorro_is_a_Mariner
June 29, 2017, 4:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
What worries me is we are finally getting all this stuff which in my opinion we should of had a long time ago like other clubs have and when slade finally goes that we resort back to type.

We are lagging behind in so much compared to some league clubs it's about time we started to get such equipment and stuff.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
LH
June 29, 2017, 6:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,504
Gold Stars: 173
Another step in the right direction. It's vitally important that this sort of infrastructure is a permanent fixture at the club. All in all it might cost the same as the player who gets the winner in the 90th minute in one game but having it all gives us a better chance of getting those wins on a more regular basis.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
grimsby pete
June 29, 2017, 6:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Slade not getting himself into shape though,

He has got a bigger podge than me,  

AND

Before anybody picks me up on this statement, I know he does not need to be fit himself,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
promotion plaice
June 29, 2017, 7:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from grimsby pete

Slade not getting himself into shape though,

He has got a bigger podge than me,  

AND

Before anybody picks me up on this statement, I know he does not need to be fit himself,

Slade and Podge in the same post pete....... hmnnnn

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
The Yard Dog
June 29, 2017, 9:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,500
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
What worries me is we are finally getting all this stuff which in my opinion we should of had a long time ago like other clubs have and when slade finally goes that we resort back to type.

We are lagging behind in so much compared to some league clubs it's about time we started to get such equipment and stuff.

Perhaps you would like to sponsor all this stuff.
We were in the conference for 6 years, with less funding, most of the budget would have gone on the players to get us out of the conference.
Last season was important to keep our league status, now we can steadily build the backroom support team.

These clubs have been getting in the region of £750K per year just for being in league 2, while we got peanuts while in the conference.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Mariner_09
June 29, 2017, 9:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I really hope that with the Bogle money and a much better year attendances wise than anticipated. By all accounts our attendances were 1000 higher than budgeted for, so if you say on on average the club takes £14 per person on a match day that's £322k extra plus the £1m + we got from the Bogle sale, that's got to be pushing £1.5m bonus which means we have been able to invest in sport science and hopefully players like Nicky Maynard.

I hope this extra attention to detail finally brings to an end our inability to start seasons and games quickly. It was a problem under Hurst and Bignot, let's change that and hit the ground running in games and seasons. Just need a top quality striker who can be a good partner and bring the best out of Jones, who will be a £1m striker if he can reproduce what he did last season this. Osborne looked to be a cracking player.

I'm hoping we'll have more width, energy, fitness and pace than last year, and let's be honest despite our complete lack of width and pace we still plodded along with no danger of relegation. Having seen the league last season, I think a team who are very solid defensively will go a long way in this league and we had the makings of one last season. We need to endure when we concede a goal, that it remains to 1-0 so we stay in the game as too often it went to 2-0 and 3-0 too quickly last season and we were out of it. That's a mentality thing because we kept a lot of clean sheets.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
diehardmariner
June 30, 2017, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,604
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted Text
Head of Sports Science at Grimsby Town Football Club, Greg Howard is also looking forward to using the technology in the lead up to the 17/18 season. "Our partnership with STATSports is an exciting one that will enable us to collect objective data about the load each individual player experiences on a daily basis, during both training and matches".  

Must have missed that one.

Head of Sports Science, Performance Analyst, link up with the Institute, linking up with this STATSports firm.  All progressive moves, which is very encouraging for the future.  It may be marginal gains we're making but they all add up.  

I know there's still a little bit of frustration around the shape of the squad and key absences but I'm starting to get a very good feeling about this season.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
cleethorpes_mariner
June 30, 2017, 10:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from Mariner_09
I really hope that with the Bogle money and a much better year attendances wise than anticipated. By all accounts our attendances were 1000 higher than budgeted for, so if you say on on average the club takes £14 per person on a match day that's £322k extra plus the £1m + we got from the Bogle sale, that's got to be pushing £1.5m bonus which means we have been able to invest in sport science and hopefully players like Nicky Maynard.

I hope this extra attention to detail finally brings to an end our inability to start seasons and games quickly. It was a problem under Hurst and Bignot, let's change that and hit the ground running in games and seasons. Just need a top quality striker who can be a good partner and bring the best out of Jones, who will be a £1m striker if he can reproduce what he did last season this. Osborne looked to be a cracking player.

I'm hoping we'll have more width, energy, fitness and pace than last year, and let's be honest despite our complete lack of width and pace we still plodded along with no danger of relegation. Having seen the league last season, I think a team who are very solid defensively will go a long way in this league and we had the makings of one last season. We need to endure when we concede a goal, that it remains to 1-0 so we stay in the game as too often it went to 2-0 and 3-0 too quickly last season and we were out of it. That's a mentality thing because we kept a lot of clean sheets.

I would suspect that a good part of the Bogle was spent on extra wages  by Bignot when he tried to buy every midfield player he could find in Jan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stats sport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.