1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mallyner
May 12, 2017, 3:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
On Sunday May the 14th, there will be a charity football match to raise money for Joanne Turner.
Jo is a lovely, brave woman and has been diagnosed with incurable cancer and the family are trying to raise 1 hundred thousand pounds, to send her to Germany for treatment that might extend her life for 10 years.

I have known her husband Craig for about 35 years and he and the 3 children, love Jo so much.

The match is to be played between 2 local teams, so it will be a chance to see what the Gimps are going to look like next season.  

Admission is free at the Main Stand from Harrington Street, although any donations would be so gratefully appreciated and the kick off is 1.00. The Sportsman's bar is also open.

Jo's fund has been superbly supported by the Telegraph and hopefully the TV will also be there.

Thank you.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mallyner
May 13, 2017, 2:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Please note I have revised the kick off time to 1.00 pm.

Thank you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Mallyner
May 15, 2017, 8:38am
Cocktail Drinker
The charity football match was a great success and raised over £1,100 for Jo's cancer charity.

It was an excellent quality game between Waltham United FC and AFC Holton Clay FC, the Waltham number 11 looked very useful as did some of the other players.

Craig and Jo would like to thank all those who attended and for their kind donations, GTFC and the staff members on duty, for allowing and enabling the game to be played at BP; and the teams and their managers for all their hard work and monies raised.

Both Craig and Jo and myself would like to thank robborhino, who pm'd me after my posting and kindly offered to run the scoreboard and play music, which really did make an occasion of it.
As well as being a great guy, he has excellent IT skills, photographing the teams badges from their shirts and putting them on the big screen as well as downloading and trimming a lovely photo of Craig and Jo, to go on there.

Thank you all very much.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
robborhino
May 15, 2017, 5:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Your very welcome, was my pleasure to add to your day, I will admit i didn't take the photographs myself, it was two of the players who did that bit but hearing your words of kindness definitely made my day

And congratulations on the money raised, fantastic effort
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charity Football match at BP Sunday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.