Stew0_0
May 11, 2017, 1:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 35
http://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31551

Mansfield fans seem generally upset he's leaving though they predict he'll end up at the Gimps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 183
Superdan147
May 11, 2017, 1:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
I do wonder if he was one bignot/Moore targeted for the summer. Be surprised if he wasn't tbh. Moore would of known him well
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 183
Pogo
May 11, 2017, 1:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Matt Briggs released by Colchester..he played against us at home in February and I thought he was one of their best players..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 183
Posh Harry
May 11, 2017, 2:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from ginnywings

We've taken Yussuf and Clements, probably on the say so of Mickey Moore and neither has set the world on fire yet. Clements may well be a decent signing but most Mansfield fans were not that bothered at his departure. If we then get Green from them, what does that say about our ambition to have three players from a club that finished about the same as us and have been drifting along in League 2 since they got back in the league.

Green may be different, he may not, but..............

I understand what you're saying Ginny but the other factor in play here is Evans. It could be that they have had a falling out, not Evans type of player, it could be that green told them a while ago he was intending to leave and so he is listed as released. I know it would be another one from Mansfield but personally if they are a decent player and fit into our managers way of thinking and do a good job for us then I have no problem with that and wouldn't care where in the table their previous club had finished.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 183
ginnywings
May 11, 2017, 3:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Posh Harry

I understand what you're saying Ginny but the other factor in play here is Evans. It could be that they have had a falling out, not Evans type of player, it could be that green told them a while ago he was intending to leave and so he is listed as released. I know it would be another one from Mansfield but personally if they are a decent player and fit into our managers way of thinking and do a good job for us then I have no problem with that and wouldn't care where in the table their previous club had finished.

UTFM

Yes, fully accept that and i've said there are all sorts of reasons players leave clubs and Green may well do a cracking job for someone, possibly even us.

To explain my thinking a bit more- Mansfield stormed out of the Conference with Matt Green banging goals in left right and centre, so much so that Birmingham signed him. He bombed there and went back to Mansfield where he has been steady rather than spectacular; 20 odd goals in two seasons.

Mansfield have not progressed much since they came back into the league and their board have clearly had enough, so have appointed a manager with a proven track record in Evans. He has decided that Clements, Yussuf and Green are surplus to requirements and 2 of those have already ended up here. So i ask myself if these are the type of players that will get you out of this league?

However, if we did go on to actually sign Green, then fair enough, i'll be right behind him and the others.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 183
Abdul19
May 11, 2017, 3:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,558
Gold Stars: 216
For every Michael Leary (released by Barnet) there's a Carl Magnay (released by Gateshead).*

* Ratio not actually checked.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 183
grimsby pete
May 11, 2017, 3:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Pogo
Matt Briggs released by Colchester..he played against us at home in February and I thought he was one of their best players..

Thanks for that Matt and welcome to the fishy  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 183
Hagrid
May 11, 2017, 4:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,405
Gold Stars: 534
that was one of the worst games ive ever seen!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 183
Pogo
May 11, 2017, 4:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Haha! Thanks Pete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 183
May 11, 2017, 6:44pm
Guest User
Jamie's Ness released from the scunts. Played in Slades Leyton Orient side when they reached the league one play off final a few years back.

David Mirfin also released from the Scunts, very experienced centre half and rated highly by them lot.

Scott Wisemen also released, experienced right back who also will want to stay local I imagiane.

Anyon also released from them, goal keeper. Had 200+ football league appearances.

Don't know if they are any good but worth a look.
Reply: 179 - 183
19 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › ideal, realistic signing over summer

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.