31 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 23, 2017, 5:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
League 2 'solidarity' payment is about 250,000 to 300,000 a season. About a months pay for an average Prem footballer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 307
rasenimp
April 23, 2017, 11:07pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +10
Quoted from Chrisblor

We've been inconsistently average all season you absolute clown and we're still putting the gimps to shame. Let's examine the average attendances from when you were shite:

2011-12: 2,298
2012-13: 2,234
2013-14: 2,354
2014-15: 2,562
2015-16: 2,598

Conclusion: tinpot shitehouse club with an embarrassing fan-base of bandwagon jumping part-timers. Wasn't long ago you only had 1300 people showing up for home matches. Bore off, buffoon.

The attendance wankery on your side always makes me laugh, in the same way the 'Grimsby is so horrible I don't want to go' is utter wankery on our side. Both as bad as each other. I know we bought naff all to your place several times in a row but we were absolutely dogshite (at one point desperately scrabbling to stay in the league with a bunch of conf north (at best) standard players) and through our time in the Conference you were actually fairly decent. The season or two you were crap - if not as crap as we were -  in the conference I think you were just scraping 3k looking at it. Basically you have a bigger hardcore than us by 750 ish and you travel slightly better than we do. If either of us do well the fans turn up; every club has it's bandwagoners.

For what it's worth I'd accept we are carrying a few average conference players but there's a strong-ish core (especially Woodyard/Raggett/Habergham) who we'll have to keep hold of, and I wouldn't underestimate the significance of the 'team' we've had - certainly greater than the sum of its parts. I wouldn't swap our management team for anyone in the lower leagues and it will be interesting to see what they can do with the cup money and Nates' extra cash. I know you'd all love us to do a Cheltenham, but I think we'll be okay at the very least.

Anyway looking forward to the derby next season! Oh and as for the obsession theme - also both as bad as each other - you lot have this massive 30 pager going about us and I'm on here reading what you've said!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 307
ginnywings
April 23, 2017, 11:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Fair comment Rasenimp. Glad to see you back, it's great beating you lot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 307
promotion plaice
April 23, 2017, 11:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from rasenimp

The attendance wankery on your side always makes me laugh, in the same way the 'Grimsby is so horrible I don't want to go' is utter wankery on our side. Both as bad as each other. I know we bought naff all to your place several times in a row but we were absolutely dogshite (at one point desperately scrabbling to stay in the league with a bunch of conf north (at best) standard players) and through our time in the Conference you were actually fairly decent. The season or two you were crap - if not as crap as we were -  in the conference I think you were just scraping 3k looking at it. Basically you have a bigger hardcore than us by 750 ish and you travel slightly better than we do. If either of us do well the fans turn up; every club has it's bandwagoners.

For what it's worth I'd accept we are carrying a few average conference players but there's a strong-ish core (especially Woodyard/Raggett/Habergham) who we'll have to keep hold of, and I wouldn't underestimate the significance of the 'team' we've had - certainly greater than the sum of its parts. I wouldn't swap our management team for anyone in the lower leagues and it will be interesting to see what they can do with the cup money and Nates' extra cash. I know you'd all love us to do a Cheltenham, but I think we'll be okay at the very least.

Anyway looking forward to the derby next season! Oh and as for the obsession theme - also both as bad as each other - you lot have this massive 30 pager going about us and I'm on here reading what you've said!!!

All I can say to that is what a load of utter sense.

I was hoping you would fall at the final hurdle but seeing as you've managed to join the big boys, welcome back to the Football League and some money making local derbies for both of our clubs.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 307
RoboCod
April 23, 2017, 11:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Chrisblor

Conclusion: tinpot shitehouse club with an embarrassing fan-base of bandwagon jumping part-timers. Wasn't long ago you only had 1300 people showing up for home matches. Bore off, buffoon.

Cannot back this assertion enough. My wifes hairdresser and hubby started following Lincoln second round of the cup. Never bothered before. Had an extension put in, guy who designed it went to Arsenal, first time in 24 years he's been. Couple next doors son who visits every so often, never mentioned Lincoln, walks past in Gimps shirt last week.
The worst of the worst glory supporters, none of these people turned up in last 6 years when they could easily have lost their club.
And now, after 6 years of embarrassed silence we have 2 turn up on here, to bang on about support.
Waah waah not fair Fenty puts millions in to your club... then take suitcase of cash from Everton following hedge funder from S Africa

Rubbish fans, derided throughout genuine supporter forums everywhere. Back to normal as soon as the Cowley bandwagon moves onto their next challenge.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 307
KingstonMariner
April 23, 2017, 11:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rasenimp

That's probably cos we have a bigger and more active fanbase  

Witness the many times when we've sold out the away allocation at Sincil Bank and would have sold more, but your club couldn't find a way to let us use all those empty seats.

Truth be told there's been many complimentary comments in this thread. And the fact is, we don't have this need to shout how we hate Lincoln when we win promotion - we've moved on to bigger and more justified hatreds of another team in red stripes.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 307
1mickylyons
April 24, 2017, 7:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,390
Gold Stars: 56
Well done Imps and congratulations on Promotion I look forward to our customary 6 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 307
Abdul19
April 24, 2017, 8:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Although in the last 4 conference seasons we never took 6 points off them.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 307
promotion plaice
April 26, 2017, 10:11pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,085
Gold Stars: 200

Not sure Lincoln will find League 2 as easy as they think, they scraped a lot of wins in the tinpot by only one goal and some from a losing position
and the Cowleys are entering unknown territory in The Football League.

But Imps chairman Bob Dorrian seems to think they can reach The Championship with the Cowleys on board.

They're also talking of building a larger capacity new stadium now the crowds ( fair-weather fans ) have increased  

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.....03-detail/story.html

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 307
GTFCH
April 26, 2017, 11:39pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +79
Can't believe only one person has mentioned Nathan Arnold's reaction in Lincolns promotion celebrations. Played almost every game for them this season and he clearly couldn't give a flying .... that they have gone up. Clear to see where his loyalties lie.

Slade bring him back to where he belongs he could definitely do a job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 307
31 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.