Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will record it and watch it tomorrow,

So do not tell me the score ,

Please.

5-0 Wigan--hatrick bogle then sent off in 89th minute for telling the ref his name is omar and not Bogle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Mighty_Mariner
February 4, 2017, 12:27am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Felt really sorry for Omar watching tonight's game. He did have a couple of good touche and send calm and relaxed but he was left totally isolated playing the lone striker role. The one time there was even a sniff of service their left winger totally ignored him when Omar was in acres of space in the box and would have been on his favored left foot, he instead chose to cross to the only other Wigan player in the box who happened to be surrounded by three Sheff Wednesday defenders!

I think he'll come good as he clearly doesn't feel overawed or out of place but he will need another striker or high playing No 10 to play your off if he's to start scoring regularly.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
Teestogreen
February 4, 2017, 12:45am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
I thought Omar looked lively and when on the ball (which wasn't very often due to his team mates not playing to him) looked good with his touch.

But same as for Griggs for the first 65 minutes, no service.

Wigan pitch surface dreadful as usual - think he will prefer playing away if picked.

All down to Warren Joyce - if he continues to play a formation that doesn't score goals  - then you never know - we could see him again (against Town) next season in League 1.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
lukeo
February 4, 2017, 7:50am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I still don't get why you'd take a striker off and continue to play one upfront when you're losing 1-0 at home ... And all this bullshit abput Grigg not being able to play upfront in a pair? Whatever. He's paid enough money he should be able to play anywhere on the pitch whether he's alone or in a pair. Bad call by the manager for me and I'd be annoyed if I was a Wigan fan. Sheffield W looked average at best second half and Wigan had them on the back foot,  only thing missing was a second striker / outlet
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Mariner93er
February 4, 2017, 9:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Like others, I think omar did as good as he could have, when you consider how unplayable the tactic was for a striker. No one within 30 meters half the time. He just needs to make sure he sticks to the position, because a few times he came deep looking for the ball, and they had no one up there at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
moosey_club
February 4, 2017, 9:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mariner93er
Like others, I think omar did as good as he could have, when you consider how unplayable the tactic was for a striker. No one within 30 meters half the time. He just needs to make sure he sticks to the position, because a few times he came deep looking for the ball, and they had no one up there at all.

thats the key with Omar....if he doesnt get the service then he comes looking for it, not a bad trait as such but when you are the lone man then that leaves the team with no outlet and as a team you just get deeper..deeper...putting pressure on yourself....he has to remain disciplined and play as a striker....
last night he looked like the new kid...none of his team mates passed to him unless they really had to....will take him a few games to settle into their patterns but with service and support like that i cant see him bagging loads of goals.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
oldun
February 4, 2017, 10:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I thought he was trying hard to get into good positions, playing on the shoulder of the last man but his team mates failed to find him. They were taking far too many passes in the final third. He looked ok to me. Good luck Omar
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
ginnywings
February 4, 2017, 1:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Didn't look out of place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wigan vs Sheffield Wednesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.