Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oppositions View (Keith Curle)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 221 Guests

Oppositions View (Keith Curle)

This thread currently has 4,282 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
buckstown
January 2, 2017, 10:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
If I was him I'd be really angry Omar got an unchallenged header for the second. Criminal defending
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Mariner_09
January 2, 2017, 10:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
What I picked up from that is that the only way to defend against Omar is to foul him.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
moosey_club
January 2, 2017, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,242
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
“None of our centre backs were cautioned for a tackle on him – and I’m not saying that’s the only way to defend – but sometimes you’ve got to get them thinking about other things rather than allowing them to enjoy their afternoon at Brunton Park. You need to be able to employ different skill sets to deal with different players and we didn’t quite get to grips with that.”

Yeah we remember how you use to play Keith lol

Excatly what i thought....hated the bloke as a player....nothing has changed my opinion of him since.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
lee65
January 2, 2017, 10:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
I hate myself for saying this, but when you think about it he's probably right.  if you "frustrate" Omar he tends to be playing against himself then for the next few minutes.
He's only young I know, but he needs to toughen up mentally if he wants to reach the top level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
The Yard Dog
January 3, 2017, 2:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,501
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from lee65
I hate myself for saying this, but when you think about it he's probably right.[/b]  if you "frustrate" Omar [b]he tends to be playing against himself then for the next few minutes.
He's only young I know, but he needs to toughen up mentally if he wants to reach the top level

Like I said on another thread, Bogle needs to have the ball at his feet running at defenders, NOT receiving a lump ball with back to goal, easy for defenders to defend against, this is when Bogle gets frustrated.

Was watching Everton against Arsenal a few weeks ago, pundits mentioned that Romelu Lukaku needs to be running at defenders, not receiving the ball with his back to goal. Its the same with Bogle with his pace and strength, make defenders to make though tough decisions, do I take one for team (as Keith Curle mentioned), its harder to defend when you running backwards when someone is attacking you with pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
TheGoalKipper
January 3, 2017, 4:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Like I said on another thread, Bogle needs to have the ball at his feet running at defenders, NOT receiving a lump ball with back to goal, easy for defenders to defend against, this is when Bogle gets frustrated.

Was watching Everton against Arsenal a few weeks ago, pundits mentioned that Romelu Lukaku needs to be running at defenders, not receiving the ball with his back to goal. Its the same with Bogle with his pace and strength, make defenders to make though tough decisions, do I take one for team (as Keith Curle mentioned), its harder to defend when you running backwards when someone is attacking you with pace.

Sadly in football the opposition tends to try and stop your strikers from doing what they want. If you dont have the midfield players who are capable of a good passing game and bringing the ball forward at pace (Town!) it wont change unless we get the right personel in who can. The long ball has its place and Omar/Adi whoever it is up front have to cope with it if thats the best we can do with this squad.

Its no coincidence that all the top teams in L2 are good at keeping posession with a good passing game. Thats what we must do also to progress. It may take a couple of seasons to do it though with so many on 2 year contracts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oppositions View (Keith Curle)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.