HertsGTFC
December 2, 2016, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Pastandpresent
This is were the infrastructure of the club is lacking and has to be improved , I bet he's injury was from the Bolton game and trying to impress the new set up rushed back and now set him self back

How do you know this?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Pastandpresent
December 2, 2016, 12:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -226
What I do know is that vose was injured and had to do rehab by himself ,and if Mooro  had a strength and conditioning / physio working along side him to help monitor the boys so that they are not overdoing it  ,and the breakdowns would be monitor better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
HertsGTFC
December 2, 2016, 12:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
What I do know is that vose was injured and had to do rehab by himself ,and if Mooro  had a strength and conditioning / physio working along side him to help monitor the boys so that they are not overdoing it  ,and the breakdowns would be monitor better

Thanks Paul, how's the new job going BTW?  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
Garth
December 2, 2016, 3:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 26

Agree! could not have happened under Deputy Dawg, he would have sniffed out the problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
December 2, 2016, 4:03pm
Guest User
This would explain why he was lack lustre at Crawley. But according to that particular thread he's a luxury player anyway and we don't really need him so I don't see a problem  

Seriously, hope he's back in January. And yes, I agree with could do with a bit more in the conditioning department.
Reply: 14 - 22
Kris2
December 2, 2016, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Suppose it would be in line with some previous report that at a reserves game he was seen with ice on his thigh at least that's what I can recall. No idea if it was known to be an issue or not or it seemed fine but got worse you can go back to Cambridge and he seemed to have picked up some sort of injury. Didn't seem too bad from what I saw of him but he's never been the type of player who does mad dashes with tons of pace anyway. The only thing I noticed at the Carlisle game was he didn't seem to do much warming up before the game and just kicked a ball around alone then practiced some shots.

I suppose this explains his absences from the squad anyway maybe they thought they could manage it but it's a bigger problem than they realised who knows. Unfortunately if he is out until January it is a blow since he's our most creative midfielder.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
HertsGTFC
December 2, 2016, 8:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 97
This would explain why he was lack lustre at Crawley. But according to that particular thread he's a luxury player anyway and we don't really need him so I don't see a problem  

Seriously, hope he's back in January. And yes, I agree with could do with a bit more in the conditioning department.

Do we "really" know what the clubs medical staff do and don't do? Look at last season how many players did we have out with knocks, pulls, strains etc... in what could be argued was a more physical league. If we don't have what a player needs we always have the opportunity to push their treatment to a 3rd party which I understands happens a lot at are level/clubs our size.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
Golden fox
December 2, 2016, 11:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Vose is a player who splits opinion for sure . I rate him . Many think he's a luxury player (some even questioning his desire and commitment) one we could , as JF says - argue about until the cows come home .... or in this case a 🐺
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Mrbusdriver
December 3, 2016, 4:22am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +70
Quoted from Golden fox
Vose is a player who splits opinion for sure . I rate him . Many think he's a luxury player (some even questioning his desire and commitment) one we could , as JF says - argue about until the cows come home .... or in this case a 🐺

His not a luxury, clearly been mis-managed by previous clubs.
His role should be advanced player, seems to of been utilised as a utility player most of his playing career, mostly likely based of his ability to adapt, I:e skill level been abused. Nutshell point.

Another example , your good at abcd ,I'll use you for cde the other guy can do abcd , not as well but I need the balance, so your sacrificed for the greater good of a team. When it should be your perfect for that job, I'll get the right people to do xyz.
So like the NFL when they get some huge guys in to protect there quarter back for instants. You know shifting the focus a quick sec then switching it back in terms of football.

From my prospective you build the team around that quality as others have already mentioned on different posts.

But if some people can't see the pictures , then they can't see what I can see, there  blind baby, there blind to the facts. To quote biggie.

Anyone know if Scunthorpe will call him back now. for treatment or is it our responsibility to get him fit again? Who sorts this out? I'm aware there are a lot of ex pros on this forum, can you offer insight to this situation?

[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_3629.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_5619.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_18128.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_22656.gif[/img][/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
HertsGTFC
December 3, 2016, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mrbusdriver

His not a luxury, clearly been mis-managed by previous clubs.
His role should be advanced player, seems to of been utilised as a utility player most of his playing career, mostly likely based of his ability to adapt, I:e skill level been abused. Nutshell point.

Another example , your good at abcd ,I'll use you for cde the other guy can do abcd , not as well but I need the balance, so your sacrificed for the greater good of a team. When it should be your perfect for that job, I'll get the right people to do xyz.
So like the NFL when they get some huge guys in to protect there quarter back for instants. You know shifting the focus a quick sec then switching it back in terms of football.

From my prospective you build the team around that quality as others have already mentioned on different posts.

But if some people can't see the pictures , then they can't see what I can see, there  blind baby, there blind to the facts. To quote biggie.

Anyone know if Scunthorpe will call him back now. for treatment or is it our responsibility to get him fit again? Who sorts this out? I'm aware there are a lot of ex pros on this forum, can you offer insight to this situation?

Agree with this he has so much ability that he can play in any mid field attacking position so it looks like he has been mucked about a bit at previous clubs.

From what I can see he can dribble (not every play can do this these days), he's great with a dead ball, his passing range is immense but most of all his ability to see things that others can't and actually then be able to execute what he sees is way above the level he has played at previously. Most of all for me he always wants the ball which suggests as well as skill he has character.

I am not a football manager but as a supporter he looks like a great talent and one that I would like to see at this club played in the right position for a long, long while yet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vose torn thigh muscle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.