Belfast Town
November 19, 2016, 10:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,691
Gold Stars: 19
Interesting interview with Omar.

Differences between the managers: "tactical awareness" of the opposition among the players. Also, he's not under the same pressure.

http://bbc.in/2fbtKFI
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
November 19, 2016, 11:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Sounds what Bignot is about in a nutshell is empowering the players. He's given them the gen on the opposition, explained what they as players need to do, and as Bogle said, we can't blame anyone but ourselves. I don't know how different that is from what Hurst did, or tried to do, but it sounds like Bignot is better at communicating it to the players. Better at communication all round really.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
davmariner
November 19, 2016, 11:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Thought it was an interesting interview. Did anyone hear Comley's interview on RH before the game? He also had a bit of a dig at Hurst.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
chaos33
November 19, 2016, 11:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I didn't hear it. What did he say?

I do think that Bignot got it spot on tactically today - looking to take the game to Plymouth throughout rather than getting in front and then looking to keep it tight or play a containing/defensive game that would've invited pressure.

I'm not saying that Hurst couldn't have managed his way to this result, but I do think he would have been looking to 'push the Danny Parslow button' as it were.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
springstomind
November 20, 2016, 12:34am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
Good post mate. I missed this interview and it's very interesting to hear Omar's views.  It's exciting when my mates who support BPL and championship teams are talking about him!  It's clear some of the players will prefer the man management, freedom to express yourself style of management in this early stage, but let's remember, regardless of opposition there's not really that much pressure on MB right now and PH won his fair share of cracking away wins.  It is fair to say though, he saw them out once we'd scored and I could never have seen one of his teams win 3-0 away at Plymouth; really excited by MB! Onwards and upwards!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Kris2
November 20, 2016, 2:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Sounds what Bignot is about in a nutshell is empowering the players. He's given them the gen on the opposition, explained what they as players need to do, and as Bogle said, we can't blame anyone but ourselves. I don't know how different that is from what Hurst did, or tried to do, but it sounds like Bignot is better at communicating it to the players. Better at communication all round really.

Well Bignot certainly seems to have communication down, he's a good talker and time will tell for his talent as a league manager but he's off to a good start. His personality seems to be like that bloke down the pub who is a regular and is always up for a chat with everyone and he's happy to see you when you pop in but he also comes off as honest and the type to tell you what he really thinks, Hurst was a lot more introverted and often came off a bit standoffish. The way the team trains and plays seems to be changing with the manager too with a much more pressing game with all guns blazing where as Hurst preferred a more conservative,patient build up play. Both had success in away game it's the home form we need to keep working on. If anything from today we saw what can happen when you come to an away game and take the game to the home side while also defending well as a team. we didn't just sit back and absorb pressure.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › "Tactical awareness"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.