1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Laddy89
October 28, 2016, 12:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Can people stop worrying about the latest odds and I would advise not to read anything into it.

I told SkyBet to add Gary Croft into the mix as I've heard he's applied for the job. He's my boss at Crofts Estate Agents, I can assure you he hasn't applied I just did it for a laugh.

So don't read anything into the odds, SkyBet work on requests and what people are saying on twitter!
Logged Offline
Private Message
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 28, 2016, 12:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
So, what odds will they give us on PH returning 😂😂😂😂😂

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
RoboCod
October 28, 2016, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Gary Croft @  20/1 !!! OMG!!

Stick Robbie Fowler in there and let's be done with it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Mariner55
October 28, 2016, 2:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +237
I was thinking of doing the same, just to demonstrate how the bookies work.  They DON'T have any secret knowledge, they simply 'follow the money'.  I imagine that if Nigel Adkins is 5/1 and someone thinks they're good odds and puts £20 on, that will lower his odds to - say - 3/1 and others will see he's being backed and assume there's something in it (& therefore bet on him, etc etc etc).

The one thing I would say though is that it is possible that sometime next week there may well be some inside info, once the club has started interviewing candidates.  Will still be hard to know what is genuine and what is not, but Robbie Stockdale (for example) going from say 12/1 to odds on late on Tuesday night could mean something.  

My prediction?  The name of the new manager hasn't cropped up yet, either on The Fishy or Sky Bet ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Mallyner
October 28, 2016, 2:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Laddy89
Can people stop worrying about the latest odds and I would advise not to read anything into it.

I told SkyBet to add Gary Croft into the mix as I've heard he's applied for the job. He's my boss at Crofts Estate Agents, I can assure you he hasn't applied I just did it for a laugh.

So don't read anything into the odds, SkyBet work on requests and what people are saying on twitter!

At least if Gary Croft gets the job, we won't have to worry about the location of the new stadium.

There would seem to be hundreds of sites big enough, if you look at his descriptions of back gardens.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
OneLove
October 29, 2016, 7:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Never believe the bookies thats what they place the odds for to lure the punter in and take money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gary Croft

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.